• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. trailbikerider

Good replacement Level II Shocks

I searched on this topic and didn't find anything. I have an '04 Level II with going on 148,000 miles that is still on the original Bilstein shocks. I'm looking to replace the shocks in the spring but I don't feel like shelling out the cash for Bilsteins. I work at NAPA and we offer some Monroe...
  2. trailbikerider

Cheap Level II "Build"

Howdy! I guess we'll start out with a bit of an introduction. I've been driving my 1994 Ranger 2.3 2WD for the past four years as my daily driver. After last winter, I decided it might not be a bad idea to upgrade to a 4x4. I briefly owned a 1997 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 earlier this February for about...
  3. trailbikerider

Another Radius Arm Bushing Question

On my 94 2WD, every time I go over any moderately sized bump when it's cold outside (say below 20°F), I get a bad clunking noise coming from the front end. My steering wheel also shakes vertically more than it should pretty much every time I go over any bump no matter what the ambient...
  4. trailbikerider

Steering wheel shaking

I did a little research and wasn't finding what I was looking for, so here's the issue. I've got 1994 Ranger 2WD, and lately it seems that almost every bump I go over the steering wheel/column shakes violently up and down, when I go to wiggle the column everything seems tight, so I'm not...
  5. trailbikerider

CEL Question

The CEL on my '94 keeps coming on randomly, and seeing as how I don't have access to an OBD I scanner, I thought maybe somebody on here could lend some words. Every once in a while the truck will throw the light, and for some odd reason, the Tachometer reads half of the RPMs the truck is...
  6. trailbikerider

Disengagement Problems

Well I just finished up replacing the slave cylinder in my '94 2.3 2WD, because the truck would not disengage the clutch even with the pedal depressed. After it was installed, we could NOT get the system bled, no matter how hard we tried. So today I picked up a pre-bled Master Cylinder & Line...
  7. trailbikerider

Help me out here guys.

Hey guys, I've got a buddy who is currently in a contest to win a set of wheels. It's a photoshop contest, and if we were basing it on the quality of the photoshop, he would undoubtedly win. But his biggest competition is a photoshopped MK4 Golf, that's hideous. The guy is having people create...
  8. trailbikerider

To trade or not to trade..

So here's the story, I've got a 1994 Ranger 2.3L 2WD 5 speed with 90,xxx on it, and it's my winter beater. My dad also has a 1994 Ranger, but his is 4WD and it's a 4.0L automatic. He recently purchased an '04 Sierra 1500 to replace the Ranger as his plow truck. He offered that I sell my truck...
  9. trailbikerider

Bolts

I have Belltech 6400 Shackles on the way, and I also have washers for my truck...so I plan on lifting it 2" sometime soon. While I'm at it, I'm going to replace the bolts holding the leaf springs to the shackle, and the shackle, to the truck. As well as the bolts that hold the spring to the...
  10. trailbikerider

The Gutless Wonder

Well, here's my daily driver. It's a 1994 XLT 2.3 5 speed 2WD. Only has 84,xxx on the clock. Just picked up the 14" AR Wheels for $75 used and had the Firestone Winterforces in 215/70/14 put on yesterday. Also has 240 lbs of sand in the bed. She's all ready for winter. Got a few pictures...
  11. trailbikerider

14" Snow Tires

So I went out today and bought some 14" AR Wheels to throw the blizzak's from my focus on. The problem is, they are a 185/60-65?/14 Tire, and the ones on my truck now are 225/70/14's. How badly will this throw off the speedo? If I have to I will sell the blizzak's and wheels and buy new tires...
  12. trailbikerider

Into the Wilderness.

Took a small photoshoot of my DD today out behind our barn. I'm a little late for the fall colors (As you can see as they're all on the ground) but still cool pics nonetheless. Enjoy!
  13. trailbikerider

My '94

New here, posted a thread in the Intro section, but thought I'd start one here as well. For those who don't know, my toy is my 2002 Focus, but since I blew the engine in it, this is my DD for the mean time. Has 77,xxx on it, and is a 2.3 5 speed 2wd. Just tinted the tails today, and also got the...
  14. trailbikerider

Focus Owner!

Hi all, here without a Ranger..as of now. I own a 2002 Focus with a fair-sized list of mods done to it. Going to be getting a '94 Ranger 2.3 5 speed 2WD next week sometime. The plan was to use it for my winter truck, but the engine in my car decided to take a shit on me (Mind you, has 176,xxx on...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad