• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 97 ranger 4.0 how to get the diagnostic trouble codes ?

Hello, I have a 97 ranger 4.0 how do i get the diagnostic trouble codes ? I have read on the site about people getting them by grounding out a plug under the dash but wanted to check before i tried anything. Also where do you find out what the codes mean ? Thanks, ddsmith
  2. 97 FORD RANGER SPLASH 4X4 checkeng. light blinking ?

Hello Everyone, I have a 97 Ford Ranger Splash 4x4 4.0 eng. 5 speed with 150,000 miles on it. It has been running great until this Yesterday. I was driving down the road and it started running rough when I was going up a hill. The check eng. light came on and was blinking. It did that a few...
  3. EGR Valve how to remove ?

Hello everyone Hope you all had a great Christmas and have a happy New Year. I have a 97 ranger 4x4 splash with the 4.0 v6 and I want to remove the EGR valve to clean it but the metal tube nut wont budge does anyone have any ideas on how to get it off witout breaking something. The check engine...
  4. winch mounting to a 1997 ford ranger splash ?

Hello everyone, I would like to know if anyone can advise me on how to attach a winch tong to my 1997 ford ranger splash 4x4 ? I have been told that I would have to have a special front bumper to do this but i cant find one that is for mounting a winch to. any advise you have to offer i would be...
  5. Help with Door Locks 97 Ranger ?

Hello Everyone, I have a 97 Ford Ranger Splash 4x4 and I have been having trouble with the Door locks. When I put the key in I have to work it from right to left many times before I get the door to unlock. It is the same way on both sides. Does anyone have this trouble or know how to fix it ? I...
  6. 97 Ford Ranger Door Locks ?

Hello Everyone, I have a 97 Ford Ranger Splash 4x4 and I have been having trouble with the Door locks. When I put the key in I have to work it from right to left many times before I get the door to unlock. It is the same way on both sides. Does anyone have this trouble or know how to fix it ? I...
  7. 97 Ford Ranger Splash 4x4 Trans Question

HELLO EVERYONE, I have a 97 ford ranger 4x4 4.0 Splash with the 5 speed with OD. The trans makes a noise in third gear but does not slip and goes into grear easy. Is it ok to drive it and skip third gear and go to 4th for a while untill I get it fixed ? Also is it very hard to rebuild the 5...
  8. 1997 ford splash 4x4 Auto hubs ?

Hello Everyone, I have just bought a 1997 Ford Ranger 4.0 Splash Stepside 4x4 and I love it. My problem is , that the guy that sold it to me had made an attempt to repack the front wheel bearings and in doing so installed the front Auto locking hubs incorrect. He did not align the two tangs into...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad