• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Help needed, blowing water out of radiator cap

fully rebuilt motor, used n/a head (because a friend scrapped wrong head)ran fine for 300 mi or so til the line to the wastegate blew off, over boosted to 12 PSI and blew head gasket. changed head gasket 3 times to no avail. bought new head (turbo this time), had its decked cuz of a guage in...
  2. Gauges....

So, the guy I bought my engine from called me the other day to tell me he had found the ecu for the engine, as well as a few other goodies. Among these goodies was the PK1 ecu (can anyone tell me if this is a good one to have), a few sensors, and a guage set from the donor vehicle which he had...
  3. N/a versus turbo cylinder head comparison: pictures needed.

Can anybody please provide me with good quality/detailed pictures of these 2 cylinder heads' combustion chambers? Looking for stock/ unmodified pics, my online search has not been any help. Either the quality is no good, or I have been unable to verify the actual cast of the heads. Info as...
  4. Cam timing adverse affects, thereof...

So considering i am using the head and cam from the original, n/A 2.3 that was removed from my 88 ranger, I was just wondering a few things..... The n/A head has a smaller combustion chamber. Not sure which head it is exactly, I will go look at the ident. Resource here on the site and get back...
  5. 2.3 strange engine problems

I have an 88 Ranger 2.3t running on n/a ecu with higher 45 psi fuel pump. Temporary setup while I'm saving for ecu and vam. The truck has been running good, just won't achieve high rpm because of map not being able to calculate the boost. But it has start this issue where I can be driving along...
  6. Distributor plugs/wiring diagram

I found this diagram that is supposed to match my ranger by vin/yr/make/model. http://therangerstation.com/tech_library/EDiagrams/files/88-91_2.3L_Ranger_wiring.JPG Can someone please clarify the distributor plugs?? Distributor plug 1-6 i have but 7-12 is not there?? Can anyone tell me what...
  7. N/A cam in turbo motor??

I have discussed this with one od two people... can i use the head offnof my 88 2.3 ranger engine on the TC engine?? Are there any differences besides the cam?? Andnif the hewrsbare indeed different would can i swao the cams? Problem is that all the lobes in the turbo cam are wornnflat on one...
  8. 88 2wd ranger 2.3 5spd------->>88? Thunderbird TC 2.3 turbo.

Hi guys im a returning member but it has been so long that i cant remember my account info. Anyways, i have an 88 ranger 2wd with a 2.3l efi and a 5spd. I bought this truck after falling into hard times and having to sell the exploder. this truck was (and still kinda is) a total basketcase...
  9. 88 ranger 2/3

i have an 88 2.3 ranger 2wd 5spd that has a strange intermittnae misfire problem that has become more frequent the infrequent. the truck will run and drive fine then start misfire and steadily get worse until the engine either stalls or i give it wide open throttle and that sometimes does not...
  10. 91 radiator in 02???

can i put a radiator from a 91 2.3 ranger in an 02 2.3 ranger???
  11. New guy with some 4.6 questions

ok so i got a 91 ranger from my cousin a while back with a blown tranny. Put a new tranny and the engine blew (h neglected to tell me that when h dropped the tranny he was so pissed he tried to blow the motor by floorboarding the gas pedal). the ngine started spitting oil out of the dipstick...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad