• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. EMB1230

trying to get codes

1987 2.3 GAS, I THINK I read them right, I got a 31 and a 67, the 67 went away after I pulled the neg cable from the battery. I went and got a new EGR Position Sensor, 31 is still coming up. also, would an 87 also have the 3 digit codes, I THINK I'm also getting a 112, but I am not sure if I am...
  2. EMB1230

First gen iac valve

Why the crap is it on the air filter box's cover? Looks like it was just the 2.3 gas, 2.9's had it on the intake mani. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. EMB1230

System Sentry (low fluid/bulb out)

The little diagram with the red & amber LEDs that came on higher end BII's and most, if not all, 79-86 Mustangs/Capris.... has anyone successfully installed one in a 1st gen Ranger?
  4. EMB1230

First gen gas tank size?

Anyone know what it is? What I found only goes back to '88 and says 15.2 for a reg cab short bed 2wd, can anyone confirm that?
  5. EMB1230

Can't figure out how to re-size photos

So if anyone wants to see my new 87, and is also on FRF, my user name is the same over there, lol.
  6. EMB1230

pre-heater hose spout on a multiport engine??

Um, the hell????? also, why is the IAC on the air box?
  7. EMB1230

TK questions

I'm trying to get some info on them. Everyone knows the M5OD, but I want to know more about the TK5. What are it's weak points? Did it have slave cyl issues like the M5OD's did?
  8. EMB1230

headlight wire question

On this 87 the PO had issues with the headlights, and instead of replacing the Dimmer switch, he wired up a toggle switch on the dash for the low beams. I got the new dimmer switch in, but the F'ing moron separated the wires from the stock vehicle plugs that plug into the headlight's terminals...
  9. EMB1230

1st & 2nd Gen doors, bed, gate the same?

Are they? They look like it, but I'm not sure.
  10. EMB1230

First gen auto shifter

Why does it go to the right like that in Park??
  11. EMB1230

Bronco II door panels

Would I have to do any modifying to get them to fit properly into a Ranger?
  12. EMB1230

Instrument cluster/bezel question.

Am I correct in assuming that for the bezel the 83-84 was the same, 85 was a one year only, and 86-88 were the same? And for the cluster itself it was 83-85 and 86-88? I'm trying to figure what year cluster w/tach will work in my 87.
  13. EMB1230

I might be getting back in a Ranger

I should have kept my last one, but you know, can't go back :( Anyway, I found a really clean 87 2.3 5 speed 2wd that I plan on checking out? anything I should look out for, beside the usual stuff? Were the manual trannies prior to the M50d as reliable as a M50d? looks like this one has the Toyo...
  14. EMB1230

Lima Head Gaskets

Is it somewhat common for them to fail on the the older ohc 4's? I've seen a few Mustangs online lately they either have had a new HG put on, or needs a new one.
  15. EMB1230

CFI 5.0's

Any known issues with them? I might go check out a 85 Cougar for fun next week.
  16. EMB1230

Fox Mustangs

I think I want one, actually, I know I do, lol. Looking for a later year (87-93) manual ONLY if a 2.3, auto or manual if a 5.0. seems that 2.3's with Manual are really hard to find, all the ones I do find are automatic. Preference is a hatchback and I know those are still plentiful, I could go...
  17. EMB1230

96 2.3 m5od mpg

This last tank I've been averaging 24-25, prob 60/40 City/Hwy, that's pretty damn good right? No A/C or P/S, 16.3 gal tank, 3.45 gears, empty bed.
  18. EMB1230

prorper routing for alternator harness (1997 and older)

Does anyone know, or could send me a pic of (the ones I find online are not very helpful at all) the proper routing for the alternator to starter solenoid harness routing? Right now I have it between the coil packs, up over the valve cover down the other side to the solenoid but as it sits, it's...
  19. EMB1230

Flex Fuel

Does anyone know why 99's and 00's only came in FF form? Was it a cost cutting measure? I find it funny when people say their 99 or 00 3.0 is a FF, when for those 2 years, all 3.0's were.
  20. EMB1230

Temp Gauge reading kind of low

I know that this has been brought up numerous times but my temp gauge seems awfully low even once truck is fully warmed up. Before anyone asks, I do have heat and it gets VERY HOT. Here is a pic after I've been driving for a good half hour or so.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad