• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. kozak

1st gen steering shaft

I am wondering if anyone has taken a steering shaft from an Explorer, or a 2nd gen Ranger and used it on a 1st gen Ranger? The first gen Ranger has a different mounting design at the end it connects to the steering wheel shaft, compared to the newer designed shafts. Only modification to make it...
  2. kozak

Cab Swap

I have been thinking of taking the body off of my 93 Explorer, and swapping a Ranger cab on. Find a Ranger with a good cab, scrap/sell the rest of it, as well as my Explorers body. I wouldn't bother with the box, I would go with a flat deck. I am unsure of the legal way of doing it. Would I just...
  3. kozak

Ranger cab on Explorer frame ?

I am just wondering if it is possible to put a Ranger cab on a 93 Explorer frame. I don't have a Ranger to look at to measure the cab mount areas. I wouldn't worry about the box, I would flat deck it. Just a thought I had kicking around in case I ever wreck the Explorer body in a roll over.
  4. kozak

Shackle Angle

After doing a bit of searching, I am unsure of what the right answer is for an ideal shackle angle. I have read 45-60 degress, is best, but have also seen people setting them to all kinds of different angles. I am doing a solid axle swap right now, with the truck at ride height the shackle is a...
  5. kozak

Explorer leaf springs

I am planning on throwing a 79 F250 Dana 44 under my 93 Explorer. I have been wanting to use explorer springs, as I have an extra set around, and can get more for next to nothing down the road if needed. I know there have been people on here who used them, but couldn't find much info on them...
  6. kozak

Fullwidth Dana 44

I got a fullwidth Dana 44 from a 79 F250. I am planning on throwing it under my 93 Explorer. If I leave it fullwidth, I am wondering if I could find some inner duelly rims, and throw them on the front to bring the tires in a bit. Not familiar with duelly stuff so not sure if it will work. I know...
  7. kozak

Doubler Question

I see that in the write ups on doublers that I have seen for RBV's that it says that you cannot use an electric transfer case. I have a 1354 manual case installed right now. I have a spare electric 1354 that I would like to cut up, and rig up as a doubler, like a prototype doubler. Unless I am...
  8. kozak

Lifted 4 inches, axle shaft interference.

I just finished putting in a 4 inch suspension lift. And I went to for a test ride, put it in 4 wheel, and noticed a newly acquired sound. So I get out and get under the truck, and notice that the axle shaft u joint is rubbing against a lift bracket, and part of the axle shaft itself is rubbing...
  9. kozak

Explorer Mirror Removal ?

I am needing to remove the mirrors off the doors on my 93 Explorer. I am wondering if it is as simple as removing the door panels and un bolting/screwing them ?
  10. kozak

Rear Axle Removal

I am trying to remove the rear axle in my 93 Explorer so I can take it to a buddies house and weld some perches on for a spring over axle conversion. I have the axle sitting on the ground, all I need in order to remove it from under the truck is to remove/disconnect the brake lines. There are...
  11. kozak

Lift Kit Identification

Can anyone identify what brand of lift brackets are in this picture. The person selling it says they are skyjacker, but they dont look the same to me. :dunno:
  12. kozak

Gen 1 Explorer to Gen 1 Ranger Grill Conversion ?

Is it possible to put a grill and head light assembly from a 1st gen Ranger on to a 93 Explorer ?
  13. kozak

Cab Visor Removal ?

I am wanting to get a cab visor, the piece you can get that goes above the wind shield on the roof. There is one at the local auto wreckers, thing is, it has something that appears to be like a rivet holding it in. Its got a flat round head on it. Anyone ever remove one of these before, does it...
  14. kozak

Dana 35 front axle torque specs?

Ive read through the how to's, searched around, and couldnt find any torque specs for the dana 35 front axle. Im in the process of changing ball joints, and need to know what to torque everything to when I re-assemble everything here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  15. kozak

B&M Shifter Conversion

One day I eventually got sick of using the column shift, and thought to my self, "hey, why dont I just put in the B&M floor shifter". So I started searching around on here, and some other sites, and found no threads or pictures of any Explorers, Rangers, or Broncos with a B&M floor shifter...
  16. kozak

Electric Transfer Case to Manual Transfer Case Swap

I have a 93 Explorer with the electric push button 4x4, Borg Warner 1354. I would like to switch over to a manual. I have found a manual transfer case from an 88 Ranger, I believe it would be a Borg Warner 1350. Is there any major differences between the two transfer cases? Another thing I...
  17. kozak

Automatic column shift to floor shift conversion.

I have a 1993 Explorer, with an automatic transmission, and a column shift. I have a B&M shifter with cable I would like to install. What I plan on doing is running the cable through the floor, making sure it is kink free, hook up the cable to the tranny, bolt down the shifter and try it out...
  18. kozak

Explorer Diff Fluid Change

I`ve had a few occasions in the past month or so where my Explorer has been mysteriously swamped, in mud and water, and in river water. I changed my front diff fluid, it was pretty white and sandy looking. My problem is the rear diff, there is no drain plug, and I can`t figure out a way to do it...
  19. kozak

Custom Dashes

I am wanting to make my own custom dash. I have never taken a dash completely off, so I was wondering what is left behind the dash. Is there brackets that I can mount a custom dash too ? Or is there a frame for the existing dash I would have to cut out ? Pictures would be great. Thanks for any help.
  20. kozak

Dip Stick and Headlight Problems

So I was going to check my oil today in my ranger, take the stick out, then go to put it back in, and it wouldn't go all the way back in. I've tried turning and positioning it every way possible. I've never had a problem with this before. It's got a 302 in it. And with my head lights, about 2...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad