• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Dead cylinder?

Hello all. I have done a 98 expo 5.0 swap into my 96 ranger I seem to have one dead cylinder and the plug is covered in a flaky crusty substance. Strangely enough, looking into the oil filler neck i see the same substance. Is it possible that i have a head gasket that is blown into an oil...
  2. Fuel pressure question

Hello all. I have been tinkering with my 5.0 swap some more and a quetion came to mind. I have transplanted a 98 Expo drivetrain into my 96 Ranger. I kept the ranger fuel pump in the tank. The Expo 5.0 uses less fuel pressure than the Ranger. Am I causing problems with my fuel injectors when...
  3. 96 StRanger

Hope there are a lot to choose from this month! 1996 Ranger Mods, 98 Explorer 5.0 drive train, 97 T-Bird IRS, Mazda bed, Custom made (by me) wiring harness, 02 Ranger seats, 98 Explorer instrument cluster. Paint, by Maaco Tires, good year Wheels, Sport Tuning
  4. Speedometer and VSS help.

Greetings All. I have been out for a while. Work can do that to you... During my V8 conversion I have run across and interesting conundrum. I have a 96 Ranger (former 2.3) with a 98 Expo drive train. The speedo works, the PCM is not receiving a signal from the VSS (or at least not using it...
  5. Mid swap of a 98 expo 5.0 into a 96 ranger

Hello all, Progress was good today. The starting, charging circuits, cruise control, and AC circuits have been grafted from the expo to the ranger. Got the engine to turn over. Tomorrow, the instrument cluster and AC controls get hooked up. Brings me to my questions. 1. Driveshaft, the one from...
  6. HELP PLEASE!! V8 swap electrical problems

Need help with electrical issues on a 5.0 swap Hello all! Needing some help please. I am partway through a 5.0 swap from a 98 Exp to my 96 Ranger. I have replaced the engine bay harness with the harness from the Exp, I have the 5.0 harness on the engine, I have replaced the Ranger dash...
  7. Help please! 5.0 swap wiring harness question.

Hey! In the middle of my 5.0 swap. Should i keep the Ranger wiring harness for the engine compartment or use Explorer engine bay harness. 96 Ranger 2.3 to 98 Expo 5.0. I have the complete engine harness, engine bay harness, and the dash harness ( for all of the PATS wiring). Should i keep...
  8. Need help with electrical issues on a 5.0 swap

Hello all! Needing some help please. I am partway through a 5.0 swap from a 98 Exp to my 96 Ranger. I have replaced the engine bay harness with the harness from the Exp, I have the 5.0 harness on the engine, I have replaced the Ranger dash harness with the Exp dash harness. I am looking for...
  9. Swap questions

Hello, I have been reading and re-reading the 5.0 explorer swap page in the tech library. I am following all of the advice for the swap, just ordered the remote oil filter kit today. In all of my reading I have never seen a mention of the lower radiator hose to use after removing the ford...
  10. Hello All!

Just joining the group. I have visited the site many times, I enjoy all of the info. 1996 Ranger XL 2.3 5 spd 97 T-bird IRS Beginning a 5.0 swap, Have most of the parts on hand, just idling around cleaning, prepping, buying parts.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad