• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Djm pinch bolt clearance?

Already had one bolt get sheared and the other stripped on torquing. Now I'm in here again and I see this one is about gone too as well as the caliper bracket bolt. What gives? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. Rear sway bar with flip kit??

Hey guys. Was putting a hellwig 7/8" rear sway bar on my truck and I was able to loosely get it to hang onto the axle. But when I try to rotate it into place the sides of the bar hit the U bolt nuts and leaf spring mounts. Is there any way around this? Surely I'm not the only one who has tried...
  3. Cobra rear disc issues.

Doing the cobra rear swap on my truck. In the tech library the axle flange seems to sit in the backing plate. However the back of my backing plate is flat so it sits behind the flange. Is this normal? the next two images are from the article. My cut looks like he one pictured. But the installed...
  4. Flip kit?

Was about to install my flip kit but I don't see how it will work. Everywhere I've read says unbolt the leaf spring pack and flip that. Then add the bracket and bolt everything together. Well I only have 1 lead. And the plate isn't exactly bolted. It's like pinned and sealed. Do I have to drill...
  5. 93 sway bar end link bushings

While replacing the sway bar I found my bushings were seized and torching them was the easiest way to get them out. Picked up a new bushing set and it's got 2 different types of bushings with it and unsure what goes where. Anyone able to help?
  6. 93 coil spring bolt

Trying to install dream beams on my 93. Taking off the old stuff right now. I don't have any wrenches this large, but it's pretty rusted anyway. I'm sure it's gonna strip or break. Anyone know what bolt I need to replace it? Would TSC have something this size? Thanks guys.
  7. ABS rotors on non abs truck?

Hey guys, about to swap the 95-97 knuckles onto my 93. I jumped and bought the cheaper rotors and turns out they're for an ABS truck. I don't have 4 wheel abs as far as I know and the parts I gathered for the swap are also non abs. Will the rotors work or will I have to return them for the more...
  8. Lowering questions

Hey guys I've been looking around to try to find some info. I was planning on getting some components from Brian Friday, but found out he doesn't have the shocks on hand and they'd have to ship from CA. With working 7 days and my truck being my daily, I had scheduled time off work this weekend...
  9. My truck (lots of large images)

I figured I'd go ahead and make a thread tracking some of my progress since I've been more active on here lately, lots of good information on here. Updates will probably few and far between as I have too many projects and not nearly enough time/money. As far as the basics go: 93 XLT 3.0 5 speed...
  10. Wheel spacer alternatives?

Just got some fr500s in for my 93 2wd. I did some test fitting before work. The rears fit perfect. Flush with the bed side. Naturally the fronts aren't as easy. I gently snugged some lugs on to see that there is a gap between the center of the rotor and the wheel. Also the center cap had to be...
  11. Installing a hitch?

Attempting to install a Reese 37042 receiver on my 93 XLT 2wd long bed. Instructions say to remove bumper bracket and install 3 carriage bolts through the frame. But there are only 2 holes in the frame. 3 in the bracket but the third is filled by something like an alignment pin. What am I not...
  12. "Big 3" grounds

Hey guys. Looking to do the big 3 wiring upgrade on my 93 3.0 truck and was wondering what everyone is doing ground wise. I can't seem to follow the 4 gauge factory ground wire to wherever it goes and the engine to chassis I couldn't even get a wrench on the block bolt. Has anyone else had this...
  13. 93 dash bezel

Hey guys. A po broke off one or more of the clips messing with the radio. And I think I broke a couple more. I was looking at this one on eBay, but what fills the hole under the headlight switch? I wouldn't just want that hole in the dash. Thanks. Alex. http://bit.ly/1djK4f6 Sent from my...
  14. Blowing driver side headlight

Hey guys, awhile back (late October) I had to put a new bulb in my driver side headlight, the high beam worked, but the low beam didn't, which got me pulled over, so I replaced the bulb and it worked fine, I can't remember if the bulb went out on me or it was like that when I bought the truck in...
  15. New mirror swap

Hey everyone, saw the info in the tech area on putting newer ranger mirrors on an older one and just had a quick question about the newer mirrors. The article covered a power mirror swap, so I was unsure about the manual mirrors on the newer rangers, I plan to get the mirrors off ebay, which...
  16. Illumination wiring?

Hey guys, been reading up on diagrams as I'm planning to install a radio system in my 93 standard cab. Upon my investigating, I found that my truck is supposed to have 2 illumination wires, but the head unit I'll be installing only has one, should I just wire one of them to the head unit, or...
  17. Just wanted to say thanks :icon_thumby:

Not sure if I should post this here, or interior, but I felt here was the better place. Just wanted to throw a thank you to all the members of the forum, I've read a lot of information and yesterday did my first "mod" to my 93 Ranger using info found in the tech library, I put some Mustang seats...
  18. Fuel tank straps

First, I'll start by saying I was unsure where exactly to post this, and decided here since its indirectly engine related, sorry if this isn't the right place though. But I noticed the tank straps on my 93 ranger are broken, and after visiting websites to find replacements, I noticed that they...
  19. Someone check my math?

Looking to save for a set of rims for the 93 I just picked up, I looked at the info page posted on this site, and it was a lot of help, but I'ms till slightly confused, and was hoping someone could check my math, so I know if I shouldn't order these when I get the money. The truck is a 2wd and...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad