• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Wont Idle Until Head Lights are On!

Wa Wa WHAT? Yeah I just ran into this weird problem... The thing wont idle for and when you put it in gear and try to accelerate it bucks and snorts! But turn on the headlights and walla! The idle speed picks up and it smoots right out! Weird! Only thing I can think of it has something to do...
  2. Cam Bearing Night Mare!

This has been going on forever! Its an 88 2.3 I had a oilling issue wich caused the camshaft to spin a bearing and seize up and break the cam just foward of the second cam bearing 2 years ago. I took the head off took it to a machine shop and had them put new bearings in it and check it over...
  3. EGR Control Selonoid Discontinued... 88

In reference to case ID: from NAPAOnline HelpDesk Dear, ************ We regret to inform you that your order will be cancel, do to discontinued on part there's no replacement. Thank You for your time. Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Control Solenoid CRB 22328 $104.00 SO now...
  4. 88 2.3L Won't Idle Runs Rich

I've never had so much trouble with this BEAST! I'd replace the engine recently and had problems with a machine shop......... Finally got that issue resolved and put the engine back in and it had ran rough,real rough won't stay running for very long. The last time I had it in the truck (6months...
  5. Vaccum Line Diagram.....

I need to find a better diagram of the vaccum lines for an 88 that that cheezy one on the radiator support under the hood. Anyone know were you can find one maybe even some good old high tech pictures for low tech people;brownbag;? Thanks
  6. PCV Canister on 88

Does anyone know were you can get a replacement PCV canister. I believe that is what it is its the semi egg shaped cannister that press fits into the block right behind the Distributor. Then it has a hose that routes up to the upper intake. I've asked several parts stores and they keep giving...
  7. EGR Tube substitute.

I removed the stock exhaust manifold and installed a Headman header on my little 2.3L wich of course doesn't have a bung welded in it for the EGR line to hook up to. I figured eventually I'd find some way to rig it up. Until then I just blocked it off on the intake and ran it that way. Of course...
  8. Cold Air Kit for 88 2.3L

:buttkick: Me again! I've looked and looked and haven't found anyone yet that offers a cold air kit for the 88. Anyone else found one? I've also thought about fabbing my own up. But there's the matter of all the gadgets on the air box, the vaccum lines can be dealt with easy enough then there's...
  9. 88 2.3L Cam Bearings Nightmare

:annoyed: I replaced this engine about 2 years ago cheaped out bought a rebuilt long block from one of those shop with the realy good deal! Put 5K on it and got bored put a cam in it and headers left the EGR tube off and plugged the port off for the intake yadda yadda. Well got about another 5K...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad