• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

60/40 regular cab seat tracks ?

XLTsplash

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Does anyone know if the regular cab seat tracks are the same from 1992 to 1994 Rangers ?

XLTsplash

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I went to a wrecking yard and found that the seat tracks from 89 to 97 Ranger regular cab 60/40 seats do interchange. The only difference is the shape of the release handle.

Aintskeered440

ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Also, if you ever want to put Explorer seats into a Regular Cab Ranger… and this goes from 93- all the way to 2011. The easiest way to do it BY FAR, is to use the seat tracks from a Regular Cab Ranger 93-97. 1000 times easier than anything else I’ve found.

The seat tracks from 98-2003 won’t easily work, because the reclining mechanism is built into the tracks in a way that makes it extremely hard use. They are also bolted towards more of the center of the seat and NOT through the tracks themselves (like the Explorer seat). SO YES… It can be done, but you have to grind rivets and drill holes through the tracks to bolt to the Explorer seat. It’s a huge pain!

Then I believe it’s from 2004 on, you don’t want to try and use these tracks either. The reclining mechanism is no longer a part of the seat tracks… so that’s better? But the tracks are welded to the seats, and are also bolted more towards the center of the seat (same mounting points as the 98-2003 bottom seat cushion, top mounts differently though). So if you manage to get them all apart you still have to drill holes through the tracks in order to bolt them to the explorer seats. Again, it can be done, but it’s a nightmare.

Just do yourself a favor… If you are trying to put Explorer seats in a Regular Cab Ranger, use the seat tracks from a Regular Cab Ranger 93-97. EVEN IF they aren’t Explorer seats, just start with these tracks. They are much easier to modify and make work on basically any seat. You’ll see what I’m talking about when you get them.

I know this because I’ve been fighting this problem the past couple weeks. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen just about every iteration of Ford Ranger seat track at this point. And this only goes for Regular Cabs. Apparently the Extended Cabs are basically bolt-in and I’m jealous.
But I couldn’t find that much info in regards to this problem. So I wanted to put this out there for anyone else who is going to try and do this. IF YOU HAVE A REGULAR CAB… I promise this is the best way to go😀👍

sebastian323

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
If I want to put something like this in my 1996 extended cab is it a direct bolt on ? Do they seats have the quick pull option to recline them forward and slide forward to access the back of the cab ? The seats in question are from a 2003 extended cab with the suicide doors

1701539220139.jpeg

Aintskeered440

ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
They should bolt right in since they are extended cab seats. You won’t have to swap tracks or anything. The only real problem is when putting extended cab seats in a regular cab… or vice versa.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals