• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Any thought on next years gathering?

Northidahotrailblazer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
8 inches
Tire Size
37"
I know this years just happened a month ago so maybe its a little to early still. I just thought id put a bug in someone's ears. What about doing one more mid US? I understand that most of you are the on the east side and I think a few of you had to drive a long way to get there as was this year. So I'm just asking, Land between lakes would of been a straight 30 hour drive for me, which I almost did. If it hadn't been right in the middle of my work hitch, I really thought about going. I really have no idea where would more local would be, even Omaha Nebraska is 20+ hour drive for me.

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
We are working through a plan already...

I'm going to let @Jim Oaks make the announcement himself. This year will be the 25th anniversary for TRS... so we're going to celebrate it.

We certainly want to get more people involved and there are rumblings of heading west... at least at some point. I'm totally for it... we would love to see you and others out that way join in.

So stay tuned... there will be some information coming shortly I would presume. Most folks need to put in vacation plans etc...

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
I'm hoping to have a schedule out by December.

I really need to figure out where we could get a group of members together in the west. I'm in Texas, so Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and Colorado would be good for me. Especially if it was around the time of an Overland Expo.

Northidahotrailblazer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
8 inches
Tire Size
37"
Id be down for anything! Colorado would be cool! theres lots there and thats still a 20 hour drive but id be down for that or whatever. Ill keep an eye out for a schedule.

Thanks Guys!

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
Sorry, I'm confusing the TRS staff from thos post. We will be having another fall gathering in Kentucky.

The reason I mentioned the wrstern states is because I'd be interested in eventually doing something out west, I just have to figure out who would go and where to do it.

Northidahotrailblazer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
8 inches
Tire Size
37"
Sorry, I'm confusing the TRS staff from thos post. We will be having another fall gathering in Kentucky.

The reason I mentioned the wrstern states is because I'd be interested in eventually doing something out west, I just have to figure out who would go and where to do it.
I understand, I wasn't meaning the TRS fall gathering if that cant be moved. I was just talking in general I guess, if we could hold an event out west. I'm not sure who all is from out west. We are kinda spread out South dakota, northern idaho has at least a two members that are active right now, Oregon and a few in California? Thats going to be pretty hard to find a meet in the middle place. On the map, it looks like northern Utah would be in the middle for everyone depending on who would go.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
I understand, I wasn't meaning the TRS fall gathering if that cant be moved. I was just talking in general I guess, if we could hold an event out west. I'm not sure who all is from out west. We are kinda spread out South dakota, northern idaho has at least a two members that are active right now, Oregon and a few in California? Thats going to be pretty hard to find a meet in the middle place. On the map, it looks like northern Utah would be in the middle for everyone depending on who would go.
There has been a bit of discussion about doing something out west but a consensus hasn't been made yet. The thing Jim is proposing is one of the ideas and would be a draw for the 4X4 crowd. We have also been trying to figure out how to draw the mini truck crowd to a meet. We've been falling flat on that one.

broncc

Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
5"
Tire Size
My credo
Giving my truck more money than it deserves.
The obvious answer for a west coast TRS meet would be moab...

It's on my bucket list too, but it may be too soon for me personally.

SenorNoob

TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5" Front + 4" Rear
Tire Size
245-70-R16
The obvious answer for a west coast TRS meet would be moab...

It's on my bucket list too, but it may be too soon for me personally.
I'd be VERY interested in that. Not very mini-truck friendly though. BTW, what is mini-truck friendly? Something cars & coffee like?

Exactly my problem. I can never seem to get everything together. Seriously considering pissing off the wife and dumping almost all the tax return money next year into the truck. I've driven it for 9 years now with minimal maintenance. It's due.

Northidahotrailblazer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
8 inches
Tire Size
37"
Moab or the rubicon or something southwest would be cool. I posted on the PNW ranger page on FB and got a few people that were members here that would be interested in something. Theres also lots in Washington, Naches and others that are good trails.

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Moab or the rubicon or something southwest would be cool. I posted on the PNW ranger page on FB and got a few people that were members here that would be interested in something. Theres also lots in Washington, Naches and others that are good trails.
I noticed you mentioned a fee to participate in your last ride with the yota guys.

I'm just curious what you get in return for the fee?

Also... keep the ideas coming here in this thread. We're open to most ideas...

Northidahotrailblazer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
8 inches
Tire Size
37"
Yeah, It was a waste of money. After doing it and seeing how disorganized it was and thinking back now, what did I get for my $120 bucks i spent. If it was ran better, I wouldn't have had a problem with it. But nothing was done about bring people together and having group participation. Everyone was so spread out, that yeah It was a 60 acre field with a bunch of people with in there own groups so I walked over to the main area where all the venders were thinking they were going to do a winch class, and they decided to do the class on the other side of 60 acre field. I guess i'm just saying, If your going to ask for fee, just make sure its put together well. which i'm not saying you guys wouldn't do a good job. I'm saying I should of went to the other one that was $40 bucks for the weekend and I would of had a better experience. This was the schedule for the event.

1696691018792.png

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Thank you for sharing that...

I'm not sure we will do anything to that level... but we are looking at all ideas.

How many people showed up... roughly. And was the fee per vehicle... hopefully not per person...

Northidahotrailblazer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
8 inches
Tire Size
37"
There had to be at least 50 vehicles maybe even more. It was $120 per person not per vehicle. Day pass's were $50 bucks.

Northidahotrailblazer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
8 inches
Tire Size
37"
According to the Facebook There are lots of old members that are in and around Washington. It sounds like we just have to make the rally call. I'm just trying to think of how we would get the most participation. I would love to help out anywhere I can. If we did have something south, Moab or the rubicon that is an area that I've never been to. I have not a clue to what to expect. If something was done in Washington, even though I haven't been to Naches, but i have a few of friends that have been there and a member from here I talk to quite a bit knows the area pretty well. So you would have people who already know the area to lean on.

Reactions: gaz

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals