• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Be careful when ordering torque monster headers!!

Rampshit

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger
Transmission
Automatic
hey guys! just giving you all a warning. I ordered my torque master headers over a year ago. bob first said 3 months and I would get my swap headers. so I call after 3 month. he said another month so I call again. I keep getting the same answer over and over. so In September I ask for my money back, bob said oh I will send them out next week. Well that was over a month ago. now when I call or email I get no answer. no return email, so I guess I am going to have to get my attorney involved because I can not even get any communication back from bob. I am not sure if anyone else has had the same experience but for me it has not been a good one. Just warning everyone before Spending almost $1000 For absolutely nothing but a hard time. I hope he just sends out my headers but considering I called and e mailed over 7 times with no response it’s not looking good. Hope this help people in the future not get ripped off. Thanks guys just don’t want anyone to be in the same boat I am.

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
These threads pop up every now and again here.. did you pay with a credit card? I'd be tempted to just do a charge-back..

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16
He's always been slow to get them produced, but that's really unacceptable. Sorry you've been stuck this long.

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Everything I've heard over the last couple years tells me you'll get them eventually. Year (+/-) has about been the norm since he started back making them. Lack of communication has been an issue since he started making the the first time.

I agree it's unacceptable on both counts, that's why I won't give him my money. I have no doubt that he makes the better product, but when I buy a set of the knockoff headers I know I'll be getting something in a reasonable time period. They might need some work, but at least I've got something to work with.

That is why I bought a set of the Maximizer branded OBX headers a year or two ago when I decided the 99 will be getting a 5.0 eventually.

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16
Everything I've heard over the last couple years tells me you'll get them eventually. Year (+/-) has about been the norm since he started back making them. Lack of communication has been an issue since he started making the the first time.

I agree it's unacceptable on both counts, that's why I won't give him my money. I have no doubt that he makes the better product, but when I buy a set of the knockoff headers I know I'll be getting something in a reasonable time period. They might need some work, but at least I've got something to work with.

That is why I bought a set of the Maximizer branded OBX headers a year or two ago when I decided the 99 will be getting a 5.0 eventually.
I hope that install goes well for you. I've got the OBX's on mine and never was able to get one of the header bolts in properly. Eventually it'll drive me crazy enough that I pull the engine back out to fix it - but that's a high bar. There's no way to get to that last bolt without having the engine on a stand. Even that way, I futzed with it off and on for several hours with a pile of different length wrenches trying to work with the bolt.

99rangert

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger
Transmission
Automatic
hey guys! just giving you all a warning. I ordered my torque master headers over a year ago. bob first said 3 months and I would get my swap headers. so I call after 3 month. he said another month so I call again. I keep getting the same answer over and over. so In September I ask for my money back, bob said oh I will send them out next week. Well that was over a month ago. now when I call or email I get no answer. no return email, so I guess I am going to have to get my attorney involved because I can not even get any communication back from bob. I am not sure if anyone else has had the same experience but for me it has not been a good one. Just warning everyone before Spending almost $1000 For absolutely nothing but a hard time. I hope he just sends out my headers but considering I called and e mailed over 7 times with no response it’s not looking good. Hope this help people in the future not get ripped off. Thanks guys just don’t want anyone to be in the same boat I am.
I'm already in same boat, ordered March 2023 and about 10-12 weeks of ETA but of course no headers yet, we was responding for 1st 6 month (September 10th last he responded) thinking he does that because 180 days is cut off on 100 percent guarantee thru PayPal. I was about to call credit card but got of forums and found out customer getting orders in about year, so I decided to wait since I'm already 1/2 way there. I do not like his business practices and if OBX made headers for California I would have got my $$ back! not sure if I made correct decision but someone said its worth the wait.

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
I hope that install goes well for you. I've got the OBX's on mine and never was able to get one of the header bolts in properly. Eventually it'll drive me crazy enough that I pull the engine back out to fix it - but that's a high bar. There's no way to get to that last bolt without having the engine on a stand. Even that way, I futzed with it off and on for several hours with a pile of different length wrenches trying to work with the bolt.
The like 3rd bolt back on the passenger side? that one's a jerk, I bought header bolts for the job, 6 point, had to get a crows foot wrench and like an 8" extension to get it done and it didn't want to... one of the back ones was fun too...

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16
I don't remember at this point. Seems like it was drivers side but I wouldn't swear to it. I just remember the header tube came so close to the flange that I couldn't even get the bolt into the flange with it pressed up against the engine. So I'd have to pop the bolt through with the manifold in my hands and then try to line it up against the bolt hole, work a wrench into position to get the bolt started, etc, all while not screwing something else up. It was a mess.

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
I would choose to redirect the steering shaft and run normal headers ø

Rampshit

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks for the reply guys still trying to get my money back. He called and said he was going to refund my money However that was over a month ago. And my dispute is still not resolve. i am going to get some legal help now. it has been quite a pain in the butt and I feel like i am not going to get my header or my money Back. it really stinks when people can’t keep there word.

Rampshit

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger
Transmission
Automatic
I'm already in same boat, ordered March 2023 and about 10-12 weeks of ETA but of course no headers yet, we was responding for 1st 6 month (September 10th last he responded) thinking he does that because 180 days is cut off on 100 percent guarantee thru PayPal. I was about to call credit card but got of forums and found out customer getting orders in about year, so I decided to wait since I'm already 1/2 way there. I do not like his business practices and if OBX made headers for California I would have got my $$ back! not sure if I made correct decision but someone said its worth the wait.
personally I would just wait for them because i feel like it’s next to impossible to get my money back. At least you will have something for the 1000$ you spent.

DanielG

ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Did you ever get your headers. I’m in the same boat. Ordered in June no response from him since October. I just want some communication so I don’t feel like I got scammed

99rangert

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger
Transmission
Automatic
My order was placed March 2023, last communication from Bob was text on September 10th. When calling his number it does not ring straight to voicemail. Most people say takes about a year that are on these forums. Have not found anyone stating they never not received their headers so I’m hoping in next couple months I’ll get my order.

19Walt93

Ford Technician
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3"
Tire Size
235/55R16
My credo
If you don't have time to do it right will you have time to do it over?
I used some C6AZ manifolds on my 351 and I suspect repro 289 hipo manifolds would fit, too. If you paid with a credit card, I'd have them charge mister over-promise-and-under-deliver back. He'll have a chance to dispute the chargeback but he hasn't got a leg to stand on.

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
I used some C6AZ manifolds on my 351 and I suspect repro 289 hipo manifolds would fit, too. If you paid with a credit card, I'd have them charge mister over-promise-and-under-deliver back. He'll have a chance to dispute the chargeback but he hasn't got a leg to stand on.

yeah....i agree. run the scott drake k codes and deal with any motor mount issues as needed.....and redirect the steering a bit as needed.. they will not outperform the mid tubes at x....but they support and allow you to make more power then a p head is putting out.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals