• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

budget 88 b2 build

4x4b2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9l v6
Transmission
Manual
oh and does anyone know what kind of oil my truck takes? iive been using 30 weight, but i dont know if thats the right kind or not. and can someone give me a link to an online manual to my bronco?

4x4b2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9l v6
Transmission
Manual
bump, i need those two questions asked. and its beeen raining like a son of a bitch all week so havent been able to do anything :(

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
i use quaker state 5w30 all the time

4x4b2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9l v6
Transmission
Manual
ok, ive been ising 10w-30

4x4b2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9l v6
Transmission
Manual
well i got my heater core in this morning, and was running great this mornin, now it wont start, its not getting fuel :( my grandpa gave me a bbronoc II/ranger book, so i think its either the low pressure fuel pump in the tank, or the high pressure on in the frame rail. does anyone have any clue to why it is doing this, and what fuel pump is bad?

4x4b2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9l v6
Transmission
Manual
o and how hard is it to drop a fuel tank?

4x4b2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9l v6
Transmission
Manual
ok well if anyone cares (since i havent been getting any replies lately) i got my problem worked out. when i wasa putting the heater core cover back on i triggered the inertia switch, therefore causing my problem with not getting fuel

4x4b2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9l v6
Transmission
Manual
well the trucks runnin pretty good, summers starting in 2 days so ill have the exhaust cut up soon, and get time to finish painting those interior peices

4x4b2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9l v6
Transmission
Manual
well i wonder why i havent been gettin replies? well anyways i got 2 nice bright light for free. we were cleaning up the shop in ship class and the teacher said iif i wanted em i could take em or they were gettin thrown away, took em home and they are bright as hell :)

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
No replies...damn.

Jking, nice score on the lights, I'm thinking about getting a pushbar from the JY for my truck, its on a ranger that has therangerstation.com stickers all over it and mount lights to it.

Speaking of free stuff check out the last page of my build thread to see what I scored for free.

Ya if I had read about your fuel problem sooner I would have suggested the inertia switch.

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
dont worry about the no replies man, check out my build in my sig, hardly anyone replies to anything, i think you gotta be building an EXTREME rock crawler to get anyone to reply, doesnt mean anyone aint lookin. KEEP WORKIN, if they dont appreciate it, F*CK 'EM

4x4b2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9l v6
Transmission
Manual
yea its a good thing, my grandpa had a ranger back in the 90's and he still hand the b2/ranger book with it :), ad i will check out your thread

4x4b2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9l v6
Transmission
Manual
dont worry about the no replies man, check out my build in my sig, hardly anyone replies to anything, i think you gotta be building an EXTREME rock crawler to get anyone to reply, doesnt mean anyone aint lookin. KEEP WORKIN, if they dont appreciate it, F*CK 'EM
thanks man, well i got a half a day of school tommorow then im off for the summer, im gonna be hackin up my exhaust soon, and finishing the interior soon

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
geez, you got back fast, DEF start hacking up that exhaust, i think you'll come across alot of stuff you dont need. in NC, i only have to VISIBLY have a cat converter and muffler, when i get everything back together i should have a nice smooth running b2.

enjoy your summer, get a job at an autoparts store if you can, it'll make getting parts way easier

4x4b2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9l v6
Transmission
Manual
geez, you got back fast, DEF start hacking up that exhaust, i think you'll come across alot of stuff you dont need. in NC, i only have to VISIBLY have a cat converter and muffler, when i get everything back together i should have a nice smooth running b2.

enjoy your summer, get a job at an autoparts store if you can, it'll make getting parts way easier
i would if i could, i live in the middle of nowhere, im 50 miles from the nearest autoparts store :(, but yea my cat is rattling around and is annoyinng, gonna cut my exhaust upp and :icon_welder: it back togather

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals