• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Check engine light on engine running rough

jdm90

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
You're welcome. It seems like some of us are in a group therapy, "Hi my name is ___,and I have a Ranger running like crap." LOL!

Kedyn's Crow

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
LOL yeah that's what it is like. If I get the chance I may switch the coil packs as well to make absolute sure if the coil pack is working or not.

Sevensecondsuv

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Many
Make / Model
All Fords!
Engine Size
Many
Transmission
Manual
The 12.x ohms secondary resistance sounds good. Of the 3 wires going to the coil, 1 is power and the other two are control wires from the DIS module.

I once had a problem this like this (I've had several stupid little "nothing" problems with the ignition system on this thing that give me headaches for weeks) and it turned out to be that I had forgotten to reattach ground going from the firewall to the intake manifold after I swapped the turbo in. So that's another thing to check.

jdm90

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thanks sevensecondsuv. Are you talking about the braided ground? Do they go bad?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals