• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

For Sale Dana 28 TTB & Ford 7.5” Rear End 3:73 gears LSD - San Jose, CA

Maui-sprint

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Not interested in the running gear but was wondering what you replaced it with? D35 or SAS? Truck looks nice. any pics?

1989STX

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger STX
Transmission
Manual
Hey Maui-sprint,

I upgraded to a D35 that I pulled from a 1994 Ford Explorer at the junk yard. I re-geared to 4:56 Yukon gears.

I pulled the 8.8 LSD rear end from a 1999 Ford Explorer.

Replaced, rebuilt everything under the truck.
It’s lifted with a James Duff Stage 3
6” lift with 33x12.50 BFG All Terrain tires and American Racing wheels. Thanks bud.

Attachments

Maui-sprint

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Nicely done! you definately went through everything. It shows.
Is it a 6" suspension lift or 4" suspension + 2" body?
I see you added a one-pc driveshaft as well.
Original STX with 2.9?

I'm rebuilding an '89 STX as well. Replacing the D28/7.5 with same running gear you have except from a '91 XLT. Plan is to keep the original High Rider factory lift but I added 2" body to bump it up and add some room for the 302.

1989STX

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger STX
Transmission
Manual
Thanks man! Yes, it's the original STX 2.9L - The lift says its a 5.5" - 6" lift. The lift is from https://dufftuff.com/ I do not have a body lift on my truck.

My STX was a high rider that came with the original 1.5" stock lift when I got it like yours. The suspension was due for an over haul, so I just decided to replace it all. Right on, your truck will be all set with that gear under it. Did you already swap in the 302?

Maui-sprint

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My truck is disassembled right now getting ready to start rebuild in Jan. Engine bay is empty next step is paint prep. I have the 302 ready to go. Have trans (M5R2) and a BW4406 electric TC ready to go as well. Pretty much have all the parts I need. Plan is to swap running gear with my daily driver ('91 XLT 4.0) since that truck only is driven on the road. Most of the sheet metal was dented up on the '89 so I changed it up with straight pieces. Not looking to go too high with it. Going to keep it at about 4" lift and run 31" BFG All Terrains. Your truck is pretty close to how I would like it to come out.

First pic is how she looked in Oregon after I purchased it and cleaned it up.
second two pics are how she sits now. I have a straight bed that matches the fenders/doors sitting in the wings.

Attachments

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals