• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Job hunting sucks...

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Well after paying into EI for almost 20 years I found out today (not a surprise to me, more on that later) I have been declined. The first conversation I had with this woman I could tell by her tone of voice as well as her comments that she had already made up her mind and took everything the employer said as the word of God. So much for an UNBIASED agent who was to look at facts and figure things out.

So now, no job, no $ coming in at all, and a family of 5 to feed not counting me. All this and having to wait almost 4 months for someone to even look at the claim. What a wonderful system.

/rant off....
Ouch...hope you find something soon...

Roadkill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
7.3l turbo
Transmission
Automatic
Well, I should now be out of the job hunting pool now. Went for an interview and drive test this afternoon. Offered a job conditionally on the good 'ol pee test on Monday. I should be in the office Monday afternoon to do paperwork and some orientation. Pretty decent company, I'll be running flatbeds again. Mostly tridem step decks all over Canada and the US. They haul a lot of military equipment along with "anything that will fit on a flatbed". Pay is pretty good, better than I used to get at $.34 cpm in Canada and $.41 cpm in the US. I was hired as a US driver so my runs should be around 60% US and 40% Canada.

Equipment is better than the old companies. Newer Volvo 660/670's with 13 speed Eaton transmissions. The drive test was in one of the older tractors (2003) which is getting rolled out this year.

One majorly different thing is the mysterious button on the dash. I was told to "NEVER, EVER, TOUCH THE BUTTON UNLESS YOU MEAN IT!". It is an alarm button in case of an emergency. Kinda cool to think that we have this thing there. Mind you I hope to never need it while hauling TDG materials.

It was a good day today.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Hey~ Congratulations!~!!~

:yahoo:

Hope it worked out for you...

I applied for a few jobs...on craigslist...and had one reply already...but it was a temp job...not sure if I will get it but it was interesting...plenty of tech jobs out there...just getting one is half the problem...

constant_projecttruck

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
306 Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I quit my job and decided to go to school. I have found 3 jobs (janitorial overnight, shipping/receiving overnight, and stock overnight) but I can't work overnight anymore becuase of school. I would've taken the either one of the jobs if I wasn't going to school in September.

Jason

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
(formerly) 200
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I may be back hauling stuff soon. Fuel this time.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
I quit my job and decided to go to school. I have found 3 jobs (janitorial overnight, shipping/receiving overnight, and stock overnight) but I can't work overnight anymore becuase of school. I would've taken the either one of the jobs if I wasn't going to school in September.
I worked as a glass washer and wine store clerk on my first round of upgrade...then I worked as an instructor during my second year of college and ended up failing three courses...had to go back to finish the diploma...

It's hard to work and study, but it can be done with a bit of ambition...

Finding a good one is an even bigger problem... :annoyed:

Pete
True...I was offered a good job, but it still hasn't materialized...so I guess it wasn't such a good job after all...

constant_projecttruck

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
306 Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I got me a job at a gas station for now....well as long he calls me back. But the guy is my ex girlfriends cousin (I think I got that right) and we still hang out and call each otehr friends so it should work out.

flyingbrick

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well boys i am super stoked, i just got a job. But it's back in the AV industry and it's part time to start, leading to full time if i work out, but hey work's work. best part is pay is the same as my old job and I'll be number one again (only other person in the company).

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Well boys i am super stoked, i just got a job. But it's back in the AV industry and it's part time to start, leading to full time if i work out, but hey work's work. best part is pay is the same as my old job and I'll be number one again (only other person in the company).
Still there???

I've had a few interviews, but still nothing...back to standing on the corner naked with my sign "Will Work for Clothes"...last time I did that they felt sorry for me I was employed for over ten years...:)

flyingbrick

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Still there???

I've had a few interviews, but still nothing...back to standing on the corner naked with my sign "Will Work for Clothes"...last time I did that they felt sorry for me I was employed for over ten years...:)
No I did 3 jobs with the guy and when we both sat down and agreed i should try my hand at the trade again, so i am waiting on two job offers, one is maintenance electoral work for a place that rebuilds jet engines, and the other job is laying pipe. so i am waiting to see who calls first.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
No I did 3 jobs with the guy and when we both sat down and agreed i should try my hand at the trade again, so i am waiting on two job offers, one is maintenance electoral work for a place that rebuilds jet engines, and the other job is laying pipe. so i am waiting to see who calls first.
Ah...well...I've had yet another interview...this time with a placement agency that seemed very interested and hinted at a position that I may be "perfect" for...it's help desk in a hospital...only short term contract that could lead to full time...

Keep positive...:icon_thumby:

tony314

Firefighter
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
I feel you on job hunting. I'm tring to get a job with the Missouri Department of Corrections!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals