• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Lifting my 94 Splash

dhinch279

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
MORE PROGRESS:

Well I got the passenger side coil spring in, I had to use a spring compressor just to get it in, but its in!
I would have went ahead and put both sides in but I am having some trouble getting the Pitman Arm off.
I have soaked it in PB blaster for 2 days, and I rented a 3 different kinds of Pitman arm pullers, and nothing has the kahonas to get it off (including me and a baby sledge). Am I doing something wrong?

Here is the Stubborn thing:

Ladies and Gentleman, Step right up to see the $20 bolt from the one and only Ford Stealership. And we must not forget it's Companion the $3.50 nut. (and you have to buy the bolts in pairs and the nuts in packs of 4). Mine were so rusty that it strip the threads on the way out.

Well, another snag I ran into was the brake lines. I let them soak in PB Blaster for a day or so, grabbed my 7/16 wrench and got to work slowly. The drivers side broke free and was coming along just as it should... THEN DISASTER, I noticed a drip...drip. Look around and about 6-8 inches back on the line I must have disturbed a very weak spot and a small pinhole appeared. Then the rest of the lines broke, so now I get to put in all new brake lines up front... yay:annoyed: But at least I got them off and the new extended brake lines on the calipers.

At least I get to end it on a somewhat good night, I got the coil spring in and got all the wheel bearings packed and in ready to put back on. Progress is slow, but steady:icon_thumby:

89PBR96

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Did you buy the Chevy lines or aftermarket brake lines I just started mine last night and today I'm going to get the parts I need I heard you can run Chevy brake lines and a three way up front any way good job on the lift My pit man are is still on it's a pita

dhinch279

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Crap... I just posted on your thread before I read your post on mine. Anyway, yeah, you definately will need the brakeline "T" and the male/male fittings that go into the "T" and the extended brake lines.

My extended brake lines are from Skyjacker, I would have just went with the Chevy lines but these came with the kit when I bought it(it was a used lift kit).I did go ahead and buy the chevy lines to extend the rear, I just haven't done it yet.

Here are the part numbers for the brake lines
Brakeware: 77226 + 88291
You will need 1 of each for both sides and you can even use both of these and extend the rear brake line as well (so I am told, I haven't gotten that far yet) Here is the link to the Tech Pages if you need more info:

http://therangerstation.com/tech_library/ReplacementBrakeLine_Front.html

Regarding the Pitman Arm, I have tried everything, that is what is holding me up right now. The only thing I haven't tried is heating it up, let me know if you get yours off and how you did it, because the pullers and hammers just aren't enough for this pitman arm.

89PBR96

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hows the progress man any luck on pitman arm

dhinch279

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I haven't had time to work on the truck too much, and my camera shot craps on me so no pics. I never was able to get the pitman arm off. I am working on a few other things right now, like the explorer leaves and belltech shackles. But the process is slow right now, I am an accountant and its the last 2 weeks of Tax Season so I haven't had much time outside of work. But after April 15th I should be ready to go

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I am really leaning toward the 4.88's. The only reason I am not set on them is because some lockers only work with 4.56's and down(at least according to the ones in TRS Fab & Offroad)

Well, I am just now getting in from the garage. I got quite a bit done tonight. Everything is back together except the pitman arm and the new extended brake lines, oh and my rotors because Autozone gave me the wrong wheel bearing seals and by the time I figured it out they were closed.

I will try to post pics up tomorrow of the progress... Does anyone know how the Skyjacker extended brake lines connect? It doesn't seem blatantly obvious to me, at least not on the driver's side. Connected to the brake line that goes to the caliper is a "Y - Pipe" looking fitting, so if I remove that than there is nothing for the new extended line to screw into. I still need to do more searching around on TRS, but if anyone knows right off hand it would be fantastic if you could clue me in.

PS- There were NO directions with this used lift kit, so I am like a kid with a big puzzle, and I was never really good at puzzles.
They mean 3.56 and higher they just say it like that cause the higher the number the lower it gears your axle.

dhinch279

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Well, the results are in. It has been done for a few days now, I just haven't had time to post up pics. I snapped some pics with the stock wheels and tires on it to get a better idea of actual lift and I had to leave them on so it would pass the lift laws. Just a reminder, here is before...

And here is After...

dhinch279

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
The steering is something else, I will definately need a steering Stabilizer. The bumpsteer is really annoying, I have put about 150 miles on it so far, it also wants to pull to the right, so I may have to take it back to the alignment shop. I had to have new alignment bushings put it to help adjust the camber.
Also, I noticed that the front differential is leaking pretty bad, it wasn't before at all, but now it leaks out of the drivers side axle seal, I must have torn it or something removing the axle to replace the ball joints. If I would have thought about it I would have replaced it when I was in there.

Last edited:

nate09

Reaction score
regarding the bump steer, did you ever get a drop pitman arm off and replaced with a drop pitman arm? can we get a pic of your steering angles?

dhinch279

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah, I did get the pitman arm off, and I will try to get a picture of the steering angles

dhinch279

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Here is a picture with the dropped pitman arm and steering angles, I should have paid more attention to what it looked like before. I have a feeling that I should be using the "extreme" dropped pitman arm. Keep in mind that I don't have the sway bar in front.

nate09

Reaction score
yea id say you need larger drop pitman arm, will help get the steering angles lookin better.

rangernystyle

U.S. Military - Active
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
You need to get some bigger meats on that thing. But other than that its lookin pretty schweet

89PBR96

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Bout time man yes the dam drop arm they sell us is b/s mine pulls to the left pretty good and it's aligned also I have a steering stabilizer drove without for a few weeks and yes big difference but it only covers the problem (200 bucks for the right drop pit man arm) truck looks good now get some dirty 3's lol

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals