• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New Toyota Hybrid truck

Grey_04

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
:icon_rofl: i bet he stops at autozone on the way home for "NEW TAIL LIGHTS." :icon_rofl:

goodie85

Ford Technician
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
7.3 turbo diesel
Transmission
Automatic
Yes! Someone link to the report that said cows were harmful to the environment. I don't remember what site it was on. :icon_rofl:
last year in debate class i was a affirmative to the farm animals being a hazard to the atmosphere by saying they produce methane gas hahahahahaha what a joke but i had to do it for class so whatever....by the way debate is probably one of the worst classes ever

hoosier1104

I'm Awesome!
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 based goodness
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Work hard and play harder
you need mad cows to do that, and thats if they are riding in the bed for the extra weight when rolling down a hill :icon_rofl:
I think this cow fits the bill.

Mad Cow

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Zebu (Bos primigenius indicus or Bos indicus), sometimes known as humped cattle, indicus cattle, or brahmin cattle are a type of domestic cattle originating in South Asia. They are characterised by a fatty hump on their shoulders, drooping ears and a large dewlap. They are highly adapted to high temperatures, and are farmed throughout the tropical countries, both as pure zebu and as hybrids with taurine cattle, the other main type of domestic cattle. Zebu are used as draught oxen, as dairy cattle and as beef cattle, as well as for byproducts such as hides and dung for fuel and manure.
Contents
[hide]

* 1 Taxonomy
* 2 Origin
* 3 Breeds
* 4 Characteristics
* 5 Spread and hybridisation
* 6 Popular culture
* 7 See also
* 8 References
* 9 External links

[edit] Taxonomy

The scientific name of zebu (or cebu) cattle was originally Bos indicus, but they are now more commonly classified within the species Bos primigenius, together with taurine cattle (Bos primigenius taurus) and the ancestor of both of them, the extinct aurochs (Bos primigenius). European cattle are descended from the Eurasian subspecies, while zebu are descended from the Indian subspecies.
[edit] Origin

Zebu cattle are thought to be derived from Asian aurochs, sometimes regarded as a subspecies, Bos primigenius namadicus.[when?][1] Another wild cattle species, the gaur (Bos gaurus) may also have contributed to their development.[citation needed] Wild Asian aurochs disappeared during the time of the Indus Valley Civilization[when?] from its range in the Indus basin and other spots of Pakistan, possibly due to inter-breeding with domestic zebu and resultant fragmentation of wild populations due to loss of habitat.[2]
[edit] Breeds

There are some 75 known breeds of zebu, split about evenly between African breeds and South Asian ones. The major zebu cattle breeds of the world include Gir, Guzerat, Kankrej, Indo-Brazilian, Brahman, Nelore, Ongole, Sahiwal, Red Sindhi, Butana, Kenana, Boran, Baggara, Tharparker, Kangayam, Chinese Southern Yellow, Philippine native, Kedah - Kelantan, and local Indian Dairy (LID). Other breeds of zebu are quite local, like the Hariana of Haryana and eastern Punjab[3] or the Rath of Alwar in eastern Rajasthan.[4]

The Sanga cattle breeds originated from hybridization of zebu with indigenous humpless cattle in Africa; they include the Afrikaner, Red Fulani, Ankole-Watusi, and many other breeds of central and southern Africa. Sanga cattle can be distinguished from pure zebu by having smaller humps located farther forward on the animals.
[edit] Characteristics

Zebu have humps on the shoulders, large dewlaps and droopy ears.[5] They have more sweat glands than taurine cattle.[citation needed]
Draft zebu in Mumbai, India
[edit] Spread and hybridisation

Zebu were imported to Africa over many hundreds of years, and interbred with taurine cattle there. Genetic analysis of African cattle has found higher concentrations of zebu genes all along the east coast of Africa, with especially pure cattle on the island of Madagascar, implying that the method of dispersal was cattle transported by ship. Partial resistance to rinderpest led to another increase in the frequency of zebu in Africa.

Zebu were imported into Brazil in the early twentieth century and crossbred with Charolais cattle, a European taurine breed. The resulting breed, 63% Charolais and 37% Zebu, is called the Chanchim. It has a better meat quality than the zebu as well as better heat resistance than European cattle. The zebu breeds used were primarily Indo-Brazilian with some Nelore and Guzerat.
Zebu market in Madagascar

Many breeds are complex mixtures of the zebu and various taurine types, and some also have yak, gaur or banteng genetics.[citation needed] While zebu are the common cattle in much of Asia, the cattle of Japan, Korea and Mongolia are taurine (although possibly domesticated separately from the other taurine cattle originating from Europe and Africa). Other species of cattle domesticated in parts of Asia include yak, gaur, banteng and Water Buffalo.

Bulls from the Brahman breed of zebu are often used for bullriding in rodeos.

In 1999, researchers at Texas A&M University successfully cloned a zebu.[6]

Han-u is a traditional Korean breed, hybrid of Bos taurus and zebus.
[edit] Popular culture

Zebu were mentioned in the Silly Songs with Larry tune "The Song of the Cebú". Larry the Cucumber defines a cebú as "kinda like a cow." At one point in the song, Larry says "...I think that's the bull's cousin. He's a cebú!" This is fairly accurate, as European cattle and zebu are members of the same species. The Zebu is also famous for its appearance in the book I heard the owl call my name by Margarat Craven

In August 2007, a study by ITV television show Undercover Mothers found that a third of steaks served in Hungry Horse and two thirds served in Wetherspoon public houses in the United Kingdom were from Zebu or Zebu cross-breeds, as indicated by the presence of Zebu DNA markers in the meat (and not that the steaks were 67% zebu as reported in papers such as the Daily Mail). Welsh farm leaders claim Zebu meat is "notorious for its tough and poor eating quality."[7][8][9]

In "Blood Feud", a season two episode of The Simpsons, Lisa Simpson tries to teach Maggie Simpson what a Zebu is.
[edit] See also

hoosier1104

I'm Awesome!
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 based goodness
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Work hard and play harder
Yup. I did not read that post AT ALL. The Reader's Digest version next time would be nice.

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
i pass. cant read that much in 1 single post lol

84bluebronco2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Old post, but I must... Go Go Gadget CPT (Cow-Powered Toyota)

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
hahaha sure its old! good u liked it :D

cody93

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
i hope they dont light up a smoke when the "engine backfires"

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Wow, that was a real toy ota...

I often wonder how long it takes for someone to dig up an old post...lol

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I bet that thing can really moove.

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
lol i saw someone's sig had a link to this... but according to the thread necromancer rules, i did not necro-thread this, as i had something to contribute to something that was not a solved issue

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals