• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Nor Cal chat thread

2004xlmiller

March 2013 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
lookie what came for me today..

dhkonrad

2013 Offroad TOTY
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
2013 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
morg seeing as it is off a ranger i would say its ready to go back in.

I think 90% of the time a/t tires are fine for what we do, its just that little 10% at most where we want them. If you are still commuting a lot why not stick with at tires? duratracs wear like poop. the kelvars are a legit tire but more pricey. hanooks dynapro2 or whatever their triangle lookin tire is really good too, supposed to be better in the mud for small trucks. the bfg will last a long time too tho. I think if i was gonna get another set of tires for mild wheeling I would go with the general grabber at. its a good tirees and wears well.
I'll be running wrangler mtr with kevlars. Offroad adventures had a really good article on them in last months issue.
yeah I hear nothing but good things about the kevlars. the only thing I really dont like about them is the look hahaha. but they are supposed to be top notch. but I think they are quite a bit more expensive than the bfg.
Yeah, I liked the ATs, but I wouldn't mind having a bit more aggresive of a tire, especially since I shouldn't be doing much freeway driving with my truck once I finally get the tires. Surprisingly the kevlars aren't too much more pricy, some places cheaper. http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Wrangler+MT/R+with+Kevlar&sidewall=Blackwall&partnum=325QR5WMTRK&tab=Specs
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=Mud-Terrain+T/A+KM2&sidewall=Raised White Letters&partnum=325QR5KM2RWLV2&tab=Specs
As far as General tires, I haven't had much experience with them, except for seeing them on every freaking baja truck lol. I have had only a couple friends with them, but only one of them were actually offroad tires, and they said they wore fast and funky. I also had a set of Toyo's on one of my explorers, and they were nice and grippy, but I seemed to chew them up alot.

Last edited:

legoms013

09/2013 OTOTM
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah, I liked the ATs, but I wouldn't mind having a bit more aggresive of a tire, especially since I shouldn't be doing much freeway driving with my truck once I finally get the tires. Surprisingly the kevlars aren't too much more pricy, some places cheaper. http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Wrangler+MT/R+with+Kevlar&sidewall=Blackwall&partnum=325QR5WMTRK&tab=Specs
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=Mud-Terrain+T/A+KM2&sidewall=Raised White Letters&partnum=325QR5KM2RWLV2&tab=Specs
As far as General tires, I haven't had much experience with them, except for seeing them on every freaking baja truck lol. I have had only a couple friends with them, but only one of them were actually offroad tires, and they said they wore fast and funky. I also had a set of Toyo's on one of my explorers, and they were nice and grippy, but I seemed to chew them up alot.
My buddy had some general grabbers on his prerunner and he said the same thing, they wore fast and funky. He only got about 30k out of them, on a light tacoma....else where I have read they are gummy and don't last long...I'd do some serious research on them before I ever bought a pair. Plus they are super heavy, and have a ridiculously stuff carcass. I don't think I care for the tread pattern either :icon_confused:

2004xlmiller

March 2013 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
i think for the grabber red letters youre paying for a brand name and a baja reputation to which the tire doesnt live up.

2004xlmiller

March 2013 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual

2004xlmiller

March 2013 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
personally i dont see what the hype over those little trucks is all about. they look fun but i can think of better things to spend my money on. if youve got cash to blow and you want to build a second one i say do it.

RangerBoy94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
360CDI
Transmission
Automatic
OH shit today was eventful. I ditched school today and drove out to Tomalas Bay and did some fishing. I caught a couple perch and rock fish. I pretty much fuked around and stayed at the coast till about 4 today. Then I was on my way back home and was hitting all the really good mud holes and the shoulders of the street that are pretty muddy. Well I was gettin ready to hit this little pit in front of a horse ranch it had some standing water and it didnt look too deep so I hit it. Well I sunk to the frame and my truck was legitly stuck. That mud was about 4 feet deep I got out and sunk to my stomach before catchin my door to pull myself up. Then this mexican in a 2wd chevy 1500 pulled up and tried pulling me out. First off the guy couldnt speak a word of english and that was really pissing me off and he didnt get me out. At the time the mexican left and the horse ranchers wife and daughter came out to help me. They went and got their tractor and chained me up and pulled me out. And I was really surprised the they werent mad at all at me it was chill lol. And to top it all off the daughter is my age and shes really hot lol. I gave her my # and were texting right now lol. So today was quiet eventful haha.

legoms013

09/2013 OTOTM
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
OH shit today was eventful. I ditched school today and drove out to Tomalas Bay and did some fishing. I caught a couple perch and rock fish. I pretty much fuked around and stayed at the coast till about 4 today. Then I was on my way back home and was hitting all the really good mud holes and the shoulders of the street that are pretty muddy. Well I was gettin ready to hit this little pit in front of a horse ranch it had some standing water and it didnt look too deep so I hit it. Well I sunk to the frame and my truck was legitly stuck. That mud was about 4 feet deep I got out and sunk to my stomach before catchin my door to pull myself up. Then this mexican in a 2wd chevy 1500 pulled up and tried pulling me out. First off the guy couldnt speak a word of english and that was really pissing me off and he didnt get me out. At the time the mexican left and the horse ranchers wife and daughter came out to help me. They went and got their tractor and chained me up and pulled me out. And I was really surprised the they werent mad at all at me it was chill lol. And to top it all off the daughter is my age and shes really hot lol. I gave her my # and were texting right now lol. So today was quiet eventful haha.
Moral of the story? Get stuck in the mud if you want chick's numbers?

Wow, I have been doing it wrong all these years...guess I need more mud!

You lucked out, maybe you two can make something out of it! :icon_thumby:

2004xlmiller

March 2013 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
nice!!! remember, chicks treat mudding and sex the same. the deeper you go, the more they love it. haha. hope things work out. cool story.

2004xlmiller

March 2013 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
sounds like it. its been way too long since my trucks been offroad. im heading to tahoe for the weekend so im gonna hit some trails up there and see how the new tires do.

2004xlmiller

March 2013 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
there are a ton of members down there that im chill with. but i hear yea, not much in fresno.. theres a huge meet down there in june that we're planning. statewide.

RangerBoy94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
360CDI
Transmission
Automatic
I might try to make that meet. But we should hook up a meet over here by the coast.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals