• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Nor Cal chat thread

b2rich

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
whats an engine?
Transmission
Automatic
yeah dude just stepped right in front of it to commit suicide. happens a lot.
a few years back, i got offered a position with amtrak as a conductor. The new guy always gets the privilage to see if the body is still breathing. Kind of freaked me out so i declined the position.
Ya, i pussed out.

stiluv

01/2014 OTOTM Winner
Supporting Member
Ford Technician
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.oh face oh oh oh
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
thats a bit rough for me

2004xlmiller

March 2013 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
damn thats nothing anyone wants to see.

2004xlmiller

March 2013 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
went to tahoe with my family this weekend. a long weekend and an adventurous one.
went shooting on saturday, my trap thrower i made for the truck worked like a charm.

i went looking for trails the night before and found alot of these.. all the trails i used last summer got closed. pretty pissed about it too.

so after shooting i went lookin for trails out of hobart and found some good ones that werent snowed in or closed.

ended up at the prosser resivoir and it was breathtaking.

then i went down to the water, just to sit and eat. started to get soft so i turned around, but got stuck.. some guys came over in a buggy and tried to get me out, but ended up getting me more stuck. then they took off leaving me like this.

then a guy with a cummins came out seeing whats up and i tried to wave at him and tell him to stop.. but noo he came right over and got stuck with me.

dont have many more pics but a kid in a pathfinder, his friends in a jeep, and another in a suburban came along, they knew mr cummins so we all tried to get both trucks out. ended up pushing mine out, thank god.. but the cummins was buried. it took 8 hours of digging, 2 floor jacks, plywood, 3 broken tow straps, 2 come-alongs, and tons of work to get it out. oh and as this was going on, one of the guys had his dog out there. i walked to close and the pitbull bit my hand. hurt like a mofo.

got it out about 9pm.. :eek:

thats most of it.. one more thing. woke up this morning to find that my dad bought this 07 JK. im jealous, this suckers built. geared with 4.88s, detriot in the rear, warn powerplant winch, long arm suspension, atlas twin stick transfer case, the list goes on. it was built as a raffle rig for the jeepers jamboree a few years back. its gonna replace the CJ.. so thats for sale fellas.. :( although with it being for sale im taking the tires off it first. so ill have brand new 32in bfgs by next month. he hates the KM1s that are on it so hes replacing them with the a/t. and ill have 35x12.5R17 KM1s for sale soon. thats all for now!

ben10

Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
ah SHIT!
yeah its not fun running people over. I mean he wasnt even a bum. It doesnt fully hit home till you kill one. guess I got my first one out of the way early on tho. they should all be cake now right? Oh and nothing is as messy as hitting a human with a train. the big chunks were the size of a childs soccer ball, and other than some chunks and most of his head he liquefied. shit was gnar gnar.

hahahahahahaha morg got stuuuuuuck. again. you gotta learn to not get stuck when flyin solo hahaha

2004xlmiller

March 2013 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
sucks you had to see that dude. really.. ive had first hand experience with some gruesome car wrecks, shit aint fun.. and yea i got stuck again lol. i was trying to be careful. oh sht its gettin soft, better turn around, and.. stuck.

ben10

Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
ah SHIT!
went on a pretty rad date today, we went mini golfing then she told me that she used to shoot a bow! so we went to this indoor bow range. I think I might have to get a bow. that shit was fun. anyone know a damned thing about bows? I know tom is into them, but he hasnt been on here in ages...

2004xlmiller

March 2013 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
yea toms the only guy i know whos into them.

The Jester Race

OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987, 2009
Make / Model
Ford, BMW
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
Transmission
Manual
went on a pretty rad date today, we went mini golfing then she told me that she used to shoot a bow! so we went to this indoor bow range. I think I might have to get a bow. that shit was fun. anyone know a damned thing about bows? I know tom is into them, but he hasnt been on here in ages...
Yo.

I'm on everyday, just haven't been posting much. Between work and training I don't have alot of time to sit behind the computer, and posting from the phone sucks, even using taptalk.

Whatcha' wanna' know about bows?

-Jester

ben10

Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
ah SHIT!
Something entry level more or less. Not looking for something that's thousands of dollars right now. Are there any advantages to compound vs traditional?

The Jester Race

OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987, 2009
Make / Model
Ford, BMW
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
Transmission
Manual
Something entry level more or less. Not looking for something that's thousands of dollars right now. Are there any advantages to compound vs traditional?
There are quite a few advantages to a compound bow over recurve bows or traditional longbows.

Compound bows are easier and more forgiving to shoot/learn with.
Compound bows have let-off (when the cams kick over) allowing you to hold your shot.
Adjustability.
Technology. There is an arms race between the leading manufacturers(Bowtech, Hoyt, Mathews) to see who can make the most accurate and fastest arrow flingers. Which Bowtech is winning, by the way.
Fiber optic sights, fall away arrow rests, stabilizers, counter balance weights, vibration reduction coatings, custom grips, strings. All kinds of shit.

The biggest advantage......maybe the only, that recurve and traditional bows have is simplicity. Not much can go wrong with a stick and a string.

Bows are an incredibly personal thing. The right bow for me could be the wrong bow for you. You need to go out and shoot as many bows that you can before you buy one. When you find the right bow, you will know it. It will just feel right, completely natural.

Look around on craigslist for used bows. Bow hunters are like crackheads when it comes to bows, they gotta have the latest, greatest. So they sell their 2 or 3 year old bows for dirt cheap and buy this years hot new piece. We're talking $2000 rigs for like $400.
And with spring archery season coming to an end and this years new bows on the market, now is a good time.

-Jester

Last edited:

2004xlmiller

March 2013 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
more axle questions.. idk if that guy still has the 80s 7.5, but heres his link..
http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125382

i didnt get it because of the lack of abs and the width issue. but my new question is will the gears and locker fit in my 98+ 7.5? if theyre the same spline and the carrier is the same size it should be fine right?

RangerBoy94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
360CDI
Transmission
Automatic
IF you want that axle that guy lives 20 minutes from me.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals