• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Pet Peeve - Parking on curbs with 4x4's

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15

One of my biggest pet peeves is people that park on curbs with their 4x4 trucks. When I see this, my first impression is that they obviously don't go off-road, because if they did, they would know there isn't anything impressive about that. It makes me want to go get my daughters Chevy Cobalt, park on the curb next to them, and show them how un-impressive it really is.

This afternoon I saw the Rubicon Express Jeep parked on the curb at a local Taco bell. I'm not really sure how the driver thought that parking on the curb was a good example for their company.

Please don't do this with your Ranger or Bronco II.

Attachments

Lil-Pony

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Take a Guess
Engine Size
2.8 soon to be 4bt
Transmission
Automatic
In H.S. I used to pop this foot tall curb and park with some big duallys under the trees near our football field, this was when my b2 had no lift and stock tires. The first time I did it they stared at me like I was an idiot trying to go up this big curb and you should seen the look on there face when I did it on the first try, they were a buch of stupid rich boys with daddies truck and I did just to prove a point.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
I see curb parking from a pos car or truck or a real super cool ride doing it as well. They park on curbs since it is not against the law unless a sign is posted. What peeves me is when I see people park by a fire hydrant...I have seen Rangers and F series trucks and Toyotas, Dodge and Chevy trucks do it. I always hope somebody cuts their tires so bad for that....lol

ridgerunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Little tip...take a valve core remover and simply remove one valve core from the valve stem...screw the cap back on and watch the carnage. Bunch of poser pussies anyway. :thefinger: I'm in a mood today I guess.

MastuhWaffles

11/2014 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
My credo
I need more sleep.
Unfortunately, my dad does it all the time, due to the fact he doesn't know how to park. Lol

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The Heep was just avoiding a doordink, a more offroad version of taking two stalls.

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
it perturbs me as well. they do it at the 4 wheel parts here, but it's on enormous boulders that they had installed in front of the store.

call a tow truck next time.

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
I've been known to drive over curbs sometimes while pulling into a spot (avoiding some back & forth maneuvering if space is tight), but never have I just left it parked on the curb like that.

It makes me want to go get my daughters Chevy Cobalt, park on the curb next to them, and show them how un-impressive it really is.
Do it! Then post up a pic of them looking at it like a dumbass when they come out :icon_twisted:

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15

Revhendo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
Hell, I used to park like that all the time.
Or should I say Mr. Daniels used to park my truck like that all the time?

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
I agree. Some people's idea of offroading is running over the parking curb at Walmart, and they probably had to use the 4WD to do it. I've taken my old 2WD Ford Ranger places that 4WD's go and manage to get stuck so driving up on a curb is absolutely dull and boring. Only thing I could see in it is for flexing the suspension, but a standard curb isn't going to show much. Although a picture of suspension flex would make a lot more sense if they actually just went offroad and took a picture in an off-camber situation it would be far more real that a curb shot in a parking lot of all places.

The lights on a Chevy Cobalt suck when are out in the middle of no where, I turned down what I thought was the gravel road that led up to our local shooting range one night, it was so dark I didn't realize I turned down into a farmer's field which was the same road as the one to the range just Y-d off and for some reason went left, well my Cobalt went mudding that night, made it out the other side of the field, don't know how but it made it. My mom asked me the next morning why my 3 month old car was so dirty LOL.

pjtoledo

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Fords
Engine Size
3.0 2.3
aren't you supposed to have some old ticket books laying around? leaving a few fake citations on them and discrete observation of their reactions,,,just might make for some good videos

Perry

bmerr98

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 X
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Leave it better than you found it.
There's an old saying, "An empty can makes the most noise". Whenever you see some douchebag crying for attention by parking his 4x4 on a curb as though it's some kind of accomplishment, acknowledge the douchbaggery and chalk it up to another empty can.

dieseldane

Supporting Member
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
B2
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
If it doesn't fit, force it!
I see curb parking from a pos car or truck or a real super cool ride doing it as well. They park on curbs since it is not against the law unless a sign is posted. What peeves me is when I see people park by a fire hydrant...I have seen Rangers and F series trucks and Toyotas, Dodge and Chevy trucks do it. I always hope somebody cuts their tires so bad for that....lol
It's probably kinda bad but I hope to find a car parked in front of a fire hydrant one day on a call when I'm driving. Might make me feel good to use that big ol' bumper on the BRT to bulldoze some assholes car out of the way, or have fun laying some line through their windows. Seeing them parked in front of them so many times has sort of built up a little rage in me I guess. :annoyed:

tmcalavy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
The ones I like are those that are just one side up on the curb...like a dog hiking his leg. Sorry bout' yur peepee, bro...maybe you should visit the Mustang Ranch in Nevada.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals