• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Project Double R...

Stang5lgt

Four X Ford
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic

Stang5lgt

Four X Ford
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Sweet truck man!! I just finished reading thorough everything nice job. Are you going to put finish or anything on the wood? Or put a toolbox on it?
Thanks I thought about doing something to the bed. But it is so dry out here not really a big deal. Plus the wood cost me 35 bucks. A can of stain or poly is about 25 bucks. LOL Kinda a waste the wood is still going to get banged up if there is stain on it or not. So still have not decided on it yet. Sounds like I might have a buyer for the truck. Might just let them worry about it.

koa's93ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
Love that color. How many coats did you do in all? Any clear coat? Was gonna spray paint mine the same color but rolling it on seems to be the way to go. Much thicker, must be more durable through trees

Stang5lgt

Four X Ford
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Love that color. How many coats did you do in all? Any clear coat? Was gonna spray paint mine the same color but rolling it on seems to be the way to go. Much thicker, must be more durable through trees
Not done painting but there is 4 coats now. I would like to do one or two more. Probably in a week or so when I have more time. There was a big cruise in Golden I wanted to go show the truck off so I just put every back on for now. No clear not sure I will mess with that. And the paint looks better after every coat. :icon_thumby:

Stang5lgt

Four X Ford
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Exactly one month today from the day I started building Double R. Truck is amazing and everyone who rides in is impressed how well it drives and rides(already put 700 miles on it since the SAS). By this time next month the exo will be done and should have a few more details done. Truck will ready for a new owner. Mostly built the truck to help raise funds for buying a new house this fall and to do something fun and different. And to prove once more the Dana 30 is one little stud of an axle. :D More Rangers to come soon!

Stang5lgt

Four X Ford
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
More pics!!!!

Stang5lgt

Four X Ford
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
LOL!
Got the new Walker Y pipe ordered it from AutoShepherd.com on Thurs mid day. It was on my front porch Sat morning came from MN via Fedex Home I was holy crap that was quick! Going to try and replace that today as well as a new O2 sensor. Should be fun...

Stang5lgt

Four X Ford
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
New Y pipe is in and the O2 sensor truck runs, smells, and sounds so much better.

Last edited:

Stang5lgt

Four X Ford
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
The new Y pipe and O2 sensor are working great. Trucks MPG are up over 3 mpg. Didn't get much done on the truck was busy working on the kitchen tile. Wife is happy. LOL

Started working on the cage tonight.

Also earlier in the day drove out East to area looking to move to. Reminds me of Iowa other then the no humidity part and the brown grass. LOL

Really going to miss this truck when it sells.

Stang5lgt

Four X Ford
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Your sellin it??
Yep in the next couple weeks going for sale. Going to use the money to finish my remodel so we can move in a few months. I plan on building more Rangers when I move. I build axles for a living now.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals