• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Project Double R...

Stang5lgt

Four X Ford
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I saw your Craigslist ad :(
Don't worry wife told me to sell her Convertible Mustang so might get to keep the truck for a few more months. LOL

Last edited:

getrdone52

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 V8
Transmission
Automatic
Good! Haha I wish I could buy it

crawlin91

OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
Transmission
Manual
Don't worry wife told me to sell her Convertible Mustang so might get to keep the truck for a few more months. LOL
If you want to sell RR, then you better keep the buffing wheel handy if you keep wheeling it...especially after Indy..:D

Kage

March 2012 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
So now that you've got a few more miles on your hydro assist setup, how are you liking the 2" ram with the stock pump? Having any issues with the ram keeping up while turning quickly?

Stang5lgt

Four X Ford
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
So now that you've got a few more miles on your hydro assist setup, how are you liking the 2" ram with the stock pump? Having any issues with the ram keeping up while turning quickly?
Only time it is an issue is when I turn one way and turn back other way super quick. Cause the cylinder is still trying to make the first turn when I turn it back quick. If you turn a little slower it is smooth as silk. I have a bigger pump just have not had time to swap it. Other wise it works great. Same setup I have had on the Merc for a year and 15k miles now. You could really tell the difference on Holy Cross I was making turns easy while other two Rangers were cranking on the wheel to turn. My truck doesn't make the whine noise which is amazing. On one of the Holy Cross vids you can hear it whine but that was cause one of the fittings on the hydro leaked and my fluid got low.

Kage

March 2012 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
That's good to know. Did you wind up drilling out the stock pump for more flow, or just leave it stock?

I'm on the fence between 2" and 1.5" right now. Trying to figure out which way I want to go.

Thanks for the responses!

Stang5lgt

Four X Ford
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Pump is still stock.

TNT and Double R are taking some Jeeps to Eagle Rock and Saran Wrap today should be fun... LOL Pics later!

Ford78

December 2012 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
351w
Transmission
Manual
U made that look way too easy!!! Looking good by the way!

Stang5lgt

Four X Ford
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks man! Yeah the dude was talking trash all day even though we had to pull over twice on the way cause he was overheating and his tranny kept puking fluid. Then he kept pulling off trail on every rock he saw to take pics. I can understand being excited but it was getting annoying. LOL We ended up running Chinawall cause the road to Eagle Rock and Saran Wrap were closed cause of all the fires(even though the fire was 40 miles from the trail). Chinawall is pretty easy a stock 4x4 could do most of it without issue. There is only one other obstacle besides that big rock called the rock pile. Going up the rock pile is much harder then going down it as you can imagine. There are a few different lines I took the hardest one cause I had gotten the Merc through it a year earlier. Well the Rock Ranger didn't wanna do it(it needs more power) came close. Then the TJ behind me tried it he had to winch out. Then when the XJ came up he went to the easier side and took him so long I had to shut my camcorder off cause the battery was dieing. He made it after I shut the camcorder off. Then I had to hear it all day how he made it and how his Jeep out wheeled RR(I think he had already forgot about the hard time he had getting up the big rock). I said if you took the same line as me I would agree with you, but you didn't. You took the easier line. LOL it started raining so there was no time to try his line. I will post up the pics later today.

Ford78

December 2012 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
351w
Transmission
Manual
Congrates on truck of the Month!!! Well deserved

Stang5lgt

Four X Ford
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Congrates on truck of the Month!!! Well deserved
Thanks hoping they change the pic. LOL that guy driving double R is the guy who is driving the white XJ in the video I just posted. He hates Fords. I offered to help him build a Ranger or Explorer so what does he do he goes out and buys a S10 Blazer and now wants me to help him SAS it. :dunno::icon_confused:

Stang5lgt

Four X Ford
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Rock Ranger on the hard line.

TJ high centered on the hard line. Merc made this line last year it was tough. I thought that Rock Ranger could do it but it didn't have the power.

TNT high centered...

XJ on the easy line couldn't handle the hard line. LOL

getrdone52

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 V8
Transmission
Automatic
I swear I saw TNT driving on 470 yesterday. Does he live kind of near Bandamire?

Stang5lgt

Four X Ford
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I wasn't far behind him I had to stop in Bailey we were heading back from Chinawall. He is lives near Santa Fe and 470.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals