• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Rabbit sold

James Morse

1997 XLT 4.0L 4x4 1999 Mazda B3000 2wd
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 and 1999
Make / Model
XLT 4x4 & B3000
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L in XLT, 3.0L in B3000
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31x10.5-15 K02's on the Ranger, 235/75R15 on Mazda
My credo
The perfect is the enemy of the good.
Vicky wasn't using the '09 Rabbit after her dad gave her the '02 Lexus RX300 which the latter has been good with no issues and everything working so finally she decided paying the taxes, insurance, etc on the Rabbit was a waste. Looks like good Rabbits that year are going for $5-7k however hers was pretty beat body-wise I don't think there was one uncrushed panel on it. However at 110k miles, mechanically it drove great and never had to add oil between changes. Lot of the front fascia is duct taped on. So pretty rough cosmetically, but when you drove it you don't see that stuff and they have a ton of pep. New tires all around and new battery. She asked 1800 willing to take 1500, put it on FB Marketplace which I'm not a fan of, but got a bunch of people asking and looking. Oh the other thing is per most of those old Rabbits the wiring at the hatch was broken so a huge pain to open the hatch and/or open the gas fill cover, but you can. A young guy came and bought it for 1600 which seems decent. I showed the guy this is how you open the gas cover but probably just leave it unlatched and get it fixed when you can, at that price you can put a little into it. He didn't have any wheels so he left smiling, you know how it is when you got nothing and finally get some wheels even if not perfect. And Vicky's ok with it. She set the price on it and I think considering everything she did ok. She did get some offers for 1500 but she knew they were resellers and she didn't want "them to rip somebody else off", I said what's the diff you get cash who cares after that; but she felt better about it going to this young guy who just needs something to drive to school in town and it should be fine. One CV may be going bad on it but if he has to fix stuff that's his problem and you don't find lots of inspectable cars you can even start and drive for under $2k. I got a feeling the guy probably brought 1800 with him, he went to his mom's car (she drove him over) and got the 1600 cash so he can feel he talked her down and she got more than she was willing to take and it sold about 24 hrs after she put in the ad so it's all good. Vicky was like, maybe I should have gave him a free roll of duct tape with it, lol.
Nothing at all to do with Rangers but not much happening here lately. Hopefully her Lexus will continue to be good for a long time, if it breaks she can use the Mazda truck if she has to.

superj

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3 liters of tire smoking power
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
none
Total Drop
none
Tire Size
235s
My credo
Grew up in the 70s, 80s, and 90s
I let kids who need a vehicle have a deal too. I remember gow it was back at that age or when you are a young family and have enough for just one car.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals