• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Seeking suggestions for a 110v MIG welder.

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
Those should do!

Eddo Rogue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
skyjacker front leveling kit
Tire Size
31-10.50R15
My credo
Crossed threads are tight threads.
Those should do!
I hope so...theyre circa 2010's....found reviews and most were good. The price was right. Plus the guy selling it to me was carrying a pistol and taser. Fun field trip day overall. Will be testing em out this week.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
So I ended up with these. New old stock. They wanted $700 and $750, but talked em down to $650 each if I bought both...and did. View attachment 91716Sketchy pawn shop lol, had some good stuff though.
I’ll gladly take that LE31 off your hands…

Eddo Rogue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
31-10.50R15
My credo
I’ll gladly take that LE31 off your hands…
I haven't even opened the box yet lol. And the 110V I needed.

The 180HD is pretty much a newer version of what I have now, and can go much thicker in material.

So I think LE will be my mobile welder, the 180 will stay in the shop for thick stuff, and my current machine I will probably dedicate to sheet metal material. It goes way thin on settings.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
I haven't even opened the box yet lol. And the 110V I needed.

The 180HD is pretty much a newer version of what I have now, and can go much thicker in material.

So I think LE will be my mobile welder, the 180 will stay in the shop for thick stuff, and my current machine I will probably dedicate to sheet metal material. It goes way thin on settings.
I’d love to score an LE or any of the multi process welders, they are really slick machines, and for the price you got. Definitely a good score. I’m fairly happy with my WeldPac, I don’t really have to worry about how heavy of material because I’d rather use my PowerMig for heavy stuff anyway. Still, I wouldn’t have wanted to walk away from a deal like that on a better 110 machine. Torches and welders get used a lot around me, lol. I’ve nearly burned through a 44# spool in my PowerMig. I have another 44# spool waiting it’s turn.

Eddo Rogue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
31-10.50R15
My credo
Update: Both of my new machines are still sitting in the box, until I need them next week. I like to relish opening new things unless I need them right away.

Funny side story, a buddy of mine kept asking to borrow my welder...which is the other reason besides needing 110v that I bought another welder. The guy is one of those loveable sh!tshows, and everything w/ him predictably becomes a fiasco. He is a male bimbo blonde gone punk for lack of better description.

I finally got sick of needing my welder while he was borrowing it repeatedly, because every time for one reason or another he couldn't do the job. One of which being he really also needed a 110v machine. He couldn't get my 220V machine to adapt, despite being an electrician by trade smh.

Anyways long story over, I went to HF and bought him a titanium 140...partially in trade for some of his stuff, but mostly to save our friendship (and my sanity).

I set it up to make sure it worked before handing it over. It welds pretty, good enough for him....but the wire delivery would drive me nuts, I wouldn't keep it for me. I would say they are better than the fake Lincolns at the orange store.

I threw in a 50cfm tank of 25/75...its plug and play now. Hopefully this gets him out of my hair... so I can get back to welding, and getting paid instead of paying.

I'll update again when I get that LE31 cracked open and burning. Eager to compare it to the HF ti140.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals