• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

The Lone Ranger – Kage’s ’94 X-Cab Leaf SAS and Bed Bob

Kage

March 2012 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Aren't both 10 plies? The MTR has a stronger sidewall, but is still weak compared to a pitbull radial or any bias crawling tire in that size...
I don't recall what the MT's were, but the MTR's are 10 ply. They were thicker in the sidewall area compared to the MT's and they don't squat down nearly as bad as the MT's did while still flexing well.

Yeah, they're not as awesome as pitbull, but they also cost me less than $200/ea shipped to my door. Where as you're talking closer to $500/ea for a pitbull. For the price the MTR's are holding up very well and I wouldn't hesitate to pick them up again on the surplus market. Plus, I don't think my 244k mile motor would be very happy trying to make a bias ply tire roll down the road :)

True, but the treadwrights have both shredded walnut and glass into the tread, giving more grip in the offroad world. They don't have the size I'm looking for anyways, I'm wanting something 35-37" for a 15" rim, the biggest they have for a 15 is 33"...

SVT
You have to pay extra for the walnut and glass mixture I believe. But you're right on being boned with the 15 inch tire. And its really not worth stepping up to a 16.5 to get a 37, I'd just make the jump up to 17 and go from there.

cdawall

U.S. Military - Active
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
No argument cost wise they are great I was going to get the baja t/a's for mine until I happened across bias tsl's for $100 a tire/rim/tube.

Kage

March 2012 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thanks, I have the rancho 44044 waggy springs.
That should work.

You ever have a trip just not work out? This past weekend, I was planning on running down to SMORR with some friends. Unfortunately one friend wound up Ill, the other got called into work at the last moment. So while I was down a caravan, there were other folks already down in the area so I went on with the trip.

I manged to get out the door nice and early Saturday morning, and was on track to get to Seymour in time to have breakfast with the group that was down there already. All in spite of a Drive Shaft vibe that decided to get worse on the way down to the park.

However, I ran into another problem when I stopped to get fuel in Rolla since I was pretty low............

... I forgot my damn wallet at home, 2 hours away...

##$@!!!!!

So I manged to find $4 in change around the truck, and begged for change from the patrons at the station which netted me enough cash to make it to some family's house east of Rolla. Where I got to feel like an asshole for waking up Grandma to bum $20 for gas. So combined withe a worsening drive shaft vibe, and no wallet, I aborted the run (I wouldn't have made it to SMORR until nearly noon at that time).

As for the vibe, it looks like my slip joint has gotten pretty sloppy suddenly and the shaft itself is a little more bent than I recall it being last time I checked. So I'll head down to see my buddies as Drive Shafts Unlimited next week.

I did slap a vid together (in 720 HD!) of my sloppy shaft since I had time to kill. What axle wrap :) And yeah, I know, that wheel is a little bent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejTeHG0FRxQ

The silver lining is I got to see my grandparents, and got back in time to take my ma out for a late breakfast :lol:

Next Time!

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Transmission
Automatic
I've had those days, Ben. You remember, don't you? Lol

SVT

Kage

March 2012 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I've had those days, Ben. You remember, don't you? Lol

SVT
Yup. Shit happens sometimes.

I picked up my 'fresh' Drive shaft today, but with the rain outside I'm putting off installing it. I don't like cold and wet :icon_twisted:

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
That sucks Ben.. SMORR's freaking awesome.

disciplerocks

July 2011 OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
21st Offroad trip – Interlake 9-21-13

I like this park, I like it a lot more when it’s dry. Sadly though, it rained about 1.5” the day before we headed out to the park which made getting around to some of the parts we wanted to get to impossible as the hill climbs would have just been a winchfest. So in spite of being denied early in the day, and with a little U-joint carnage, we still managed to cover about 10 miles of the park:
Man I wish I would have know you came down. I would have made time to wheel that weekend.

Kage

March 2012 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Man I wish I would have know you came down. I would have made time to wheel that weekend.
I'll try to remember to give you a poke next time I head out that way. However, I don't know when that'll be as my wheeling is done for the year while we wait for the kiddo to show up.

Kage

March 2012 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
23rd Offroad Trip – Moonlight Racing 3-15-14

It’s been way too long since I’ve had the chance to go out and play (9/13 was the last outing). Kiddo is taking up quite a bit of time so the truck doesn’t see much in the way of play time anymore. But hey, It was nice to get out into the woods again!

When was the last time you saw a Mercury Wagon on the road?

We showed up with a huge crowd and wound up splitting off into a few different groups. I want to say there was about 16 vehicles total in our ‘whole’ group:

We covered about 11 miles running around the park:

Some random photos from the day (I did more video than photos):

Whatcha doing?

Highlight’s from the day (shot in 720 so bump up the quality setting on youtube)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygJ9Hw4LM2Q

Long version going over a full version of three trails (also shot in 720):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nu3X9Sl5cyY

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Transmission
Automatic
Glad your still getting out to the trails. I take it you managed to fit a 3rd seat in the ranger?

SVT

Kage

March 2012 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
... I take it you managed to fit a 3rd seat in the ranger?
Nope. So that'll probably wind up dooming the truck at some point. We'll see how it shakes out in the future, but the plan is to just play with it until it doesn't really work out for us. I still have a good 3-4 months before Jr. is big enough to take on a run so for now he and mama stay at the homestead.

kris97ranger

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4 litre and 7.3 litre
Transmission
Automatic
Im sure its not wanted. But i know alot of toyota guys cut the back of the cab out if the trucks all exo. And run a seat there.

Granted they are all in california

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals