• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Time to vote for the March Truck of The Month

Choose one of the following trucks as the March Truck of The Month

• 85_Ranger4x4

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Shran

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • Kirby N.

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • TexasDuck66

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Rocketkart

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
Tough choice. I had to go with Kirby. A different than usual color and the stickers. All of them deserve to be TOTM.

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tough choice. I had to go with Kirby. A different than usual color and the stickers. All of them deserve to be TOTM.
I like the fenders and the sticker kit too. Looks like it could be factory.

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
All square bodies, love them all. Prefer the 83-88, but love them all. My criteria will have to be which I think is the best calender picture.

I want to pick Shran because of the Shadow bed, it's a cool rare piece. I don't like the setting for a calender photo though. Unfortunately I feel the same about the others in the neighborhoods with houses in the background. Better than a crowded parking lot, but still not right for a celender photo IMO.

I like 85_Ranger4x4's woods setting, but I don't think the truck's angle in the picture does it justice.

If I'm picking the one that I think is most photogenic for the calender I'd have to go with rocketkart.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
If I'm picking the one that I think is most photogenic for the calender I'd have to go with rocketkart.
For what its worth, I don't know if the picture in the voting thing is necessarily the picture that will be used for the calendar.

I know my pic is neither the one I was nominated with way back in January or one I supplied.

RobbieD

2.9l Mafia
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Toonces drives a Ranger . . . . just not very well.
I don't like the setting for a calender photo though. Unfortunately I feel the same about the others in the neighborhoods with houses in the background. Better than a crowded parking lot, but still not right for a celender photo IMO.
A Ranger laying on a bearskin by the fireside, or dancing on a pole in a glitzy club, would look kind of odd, now wouldn't it?

I'd much rather see the wholesome, Ranger-next-door types; the kind of truck that you would take home to meet your mother.

Pardon my saying so, but I can't help but wondering about you guys sometimes . . .

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
What's wrong with wanting to see a pic of a truck in a nice setting and well staged?

What I think is nice doesn't have to be the same as y'all. Why care any way, my one vote isn't going to win or loose this one for anyone. Besides 85 has already won a TOTM in the past (which I only noticed after making my selection).

Rick W

Supporting Member
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 1987
Make / Model
Ranger XLT x2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.9
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
97 stock, 3” on 87
Total Drop
N/A
Tire Size
235/75-15
My credo
Never put off ‘til tomorrow what you can put off indefinitely
For what its worth, I don't know if the picture in the voting thing is necessarily the picture that will be used for the calendar.

I know my pic is neither the one I was nominated with way back in January or one I supplied.
Haven’t you been paying attention? If you win, they’re still gonna use @Kirby N ‘s picture….

Rick W

Supporting Member
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 1987
Make / Model
Ranger XLT x2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.9
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
97 stock, 3” on 87
Total Drop
N/A
Tire Size
235/75-15
My credo
A Ranger laying on a bearskin by the fireside, or dancing on a pole in a glitzy club, would look kind of odd, now wouldn't it?
thanks for those images. And then @JoshT has to go talking about one that’s well-stacked. Whew, warm in here. Now I’m going to have to wash my trucks with cold water…

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.

As far as the calendar goes, it's up to you to send the picture you want to be used. In my opinion, the voting is to choose the truck. Then, we'll work out the calendar photo part.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
What's wrong with wanting to see a pic of a truck in a nice setting and well staged?

What I think is nice doesn't have to be the same as y'all. Why care any way, my one vote isn't going to win or loose this one for anyone. Besides 85 has already won a TOTM in the past (which I only noticed after making my selection).
I am basically out of the running at this point, no biggie to me.

I was just saying that the actual truck owner may prefer to use a different picture in the calender than what a stranger picked out, so vote for the truck and not so much the picture.

For example, in my pic I was just test fitting the winch about a year ago.

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
I want to pick Shran because of the Shadow bed, it's a cool rare piece. I don't like the setting for a calender photo though. Unfortunately I feel the same about the others in the neighborhoods with houses in the background. Better than a crowded parking lot, but still not right for a celender photo IMO.
I feel the same way about that pic, other stuff in the background is a distraction. I need to take some better pics when it warms up & I can get it cleaned up. Here are a couple of my favorites of that truck in the meantime-
KIMG1591.JPG
KIMG1592.JPG

Rick W

Supporting Member
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 1987
Make / Model
Ranger XLT x2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.9
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
97 stock, 3” on 87
Total Drop
N/A
Tire Size
235/75-15
My credo
I feel the same way about that pic, other stuff in the background is a distraction. I need to take some better pics when it warms up & I can get it cleaned up. Here are a couple of my favorites of that truck in the meantime-
View attachment 106675View attachment 106676
I love the deer hoof wheels. When I first started fiddling with the 97, I was leaning towards the deer hoof wheels, but couldn’t find any had a good price. I finally got the bullet holes because they matched Big Red (my 96 F250 4WD DIESEL) better, and the 14inch bullet holes were real easy to find cheap (many free) for my matching trailer projects. I rarely saw the deer hoof wheels at all, but I did put together a five wheel 15 inch set, and a 14 inch set from a bunch of wheels and tires I bought in bulk to get my bullet holes. That’s when I knew they were more valuable, because I sold those two sets for just about what I paid for the 20+ Bullet holes have now!

I’m totally committed to the bullet hole wheels now. Between the different projects, and a few spares, I have over 25 of them, plus four 15 inch stock, plus four 15 x 8 with a bigger offset that I use for the back of the “rig” on the Road Ranger. The 14 inch tires I get used or free, are also as cheap as rainwater.

For my first GEN stuff, I like the steelies with my little custom paint job. I have a half dozen extra 14s, but I’m still searching for one more 15 inch for a spare. I’ll come across it sooner or later.

Anyway, long winded, lately I’ve been seeing the deer hoof wheels all over the place for not much money. I’ve considered picking up a set or two for some future project, but I already have enough projects to probably last me the rest of my old, feeble life! I also have enough junk in the yard for two old feeble lifetimes.

(but don’t tempt me with a set with good tires for 100 bucks).

Rick W

Supporting Member
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 1987
Make / Model
Ranger XLT x2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.9
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
97 stock, 3” on 87
Total Drop
N/A
Tire Size
235/75-15
My credo
Question for @ericbphoto and @Jim Oaks: can the guys who made it into last year’s calendar get “TOTM” banners in their headers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals