• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by _BEYONDER_

1. Need some other perspective on a shifting issue...

92 Explorer, 5 speed. bought this with a blown clutch..........father inlaw helped me ( he did it well i was out of town ), he didnt deem in necessary to change the slave cyl. And as i wasnt there it didnt get done. The problem is 3rd gear, sort of, and the reason i say sorta is its...
  2. Rubbing noise and a loud clunk

HEy got some problems with my explorer and I'm a little confused so hopefully someone has an idea... 92 Explorer, 4x4... When driving if i turn the wheel slightly there is a rubbing noise ( simular to oversized tires rubbing ),and I mean slightly, not even enough to change lanes. If I turn...
  3. Dual Fuel Tank Explorer

I have a tank from a 95 caravan....all the mounting, wiring,etc. I've seen posts on Rangers being done. Who's done an explorer? What problems did you have, pics , links to other threads,etc? The selector valve is something around 250.00 CAD here, has anyone come up with a homebrew idea...
  4. a thaught about drop brackets....

So i wasn't sure where to put this, but I've been watching the threads here and I noticed a lot of talk about drop brackets,etc for pitman arms ( correct me if I'm wrong here ), but why do you need drop brackets? Or even new ones for that matter, why cant a spacer be made either welded 1/4plates...
  5. Hood Hydraulics

Not sure if thats the right title. I'm thinking os using the cyl from a minivan hatch under the hood of my explorer....anyone here done this? Any issues,etc?
  6. Speedo question

i have a 92 explorer. It looks like the speedometer needle has wrapped right around the gauge. I just got this explorer a few weeks ago, so i dont know the details as to why its like that. My question is, is there a fix for this or am i better off scouting around for another gauge cluster? I...
  7. 3rd Row Seating In A 92 Explorer

I'm planning to mount a middle seat from a dodge caravan ( has built in carseats ) into my 92 explorer. Just looking for info or links if anyone else has done it? I know i have to remove the stock brackets from the seat, planning on using some 4" U/C channel mounting to the stock locations...
  8. 1992 Explorer doesn't drive...

I bought a 92 explorer the other day, was a good deal...300.00...it drove a little bit in first gear. I was told the clutch needed to be bled, that was all...when I shifted to 2nd I lost all power and it stopped moving. It rolls like its in neutral, almost like the clutch is pressed in non...
  9. Clutch Bleeding Question

So I read this article; http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/bleedclutch.htm the only thing is it doesn't say what size of clear plastic hose to use? Does anybody know this?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad