• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by fr7

1. What is wrong with my cooling system!!!

I posted a thread before about this but I'm gonna start over again, hopefully you guys can help me. Short story long. I blew a radiator a few months ago, replaced it, few weeks later blew again. After over a week and countless beer I changed the thermostat, water pump, radiator again, fan...
  2. Cooling system question

So I installed a new water pump in the 98 ranger 3.0, while disconnecting the hoses, one of the fittings broke, the store calls it heater tee (Dorman part # 47993), it's the fittings that screws to the block and I believe the temperature switch screws into that fitting and the orange connector...
  3. Spark plug wires

My truck has been misfiring for about a month and it's getting worse. Coil pack been tested and it's good, so I suspect bad wires, one of them was zapping me when I touched it. Spark plugs are about 2 years old and look good for the most part. Question is, have you guys used duralast from...
  4. Clutch reservoir question

Ok, I have a very dumb question for you guys. Is the black rubber condom looking thing under the cap in the clutch reservoir supposed to be full of fluid?? The reason I ask is when I first bought the truck I checked all the fluids and that thing was full of fluid. I pulled it out and dumped the...
  5. How accurate is your speedometer?

Hey guys, nothing special, I'm just curious about how true your speedometer is compared to a satellite GPS. My 98 ranger 4wd manual transmission seems to be way off. When I had 255/70/16 tires it was reading 2 miles under what the GPS said. A month ago I put new tires on it, this time I went...
  6. Clutch not working when cold

We've been having some really cold weather out here lately, my truck just developed a new extra problem. So when it gets too cold (about 10° or colder) my truck don't wanna shift, even after I let it warm up for 30 minutes. The clutch pedal goes almost to the floor before I can feel any...
  7. Really bad oil leak

Hello guys, my 98 ranger 3.0, 4wd manual transmission has always leaked oil out of the pan gasket since I bought it a little over 2 years ago. At first it wasn't too bad but it has gotten worse. For the past 6 months or so I had to add about 1qt of oil or so every week. 2 weeks ago I checked it...
  8. Door ajar sensors

I replaced all 4 door sensors in the 98 ranger about 6 months ago because the door ajar light was always on when the truck was running and the dome light stayed on for about 30-45 minutes (not exactly sure) after I park it and shut it off. After breaking some plastic clips and cracking some back...
  9. Front bumper valance compatibility question

I recently replaced the front bumper in my 98 ranger. I got it from a parts truck and it's missing the plastic valance thing where the fog lights live. My truck has the factory button and wiring for the fog lights so I was wondering if a valance out of an explorer will fit or not, my local...
  10. Questions about airbags and sensors

I couldn't find the right place for this thread so I just picked this one, if there's one where this should go please move it for me. So we've been having a lot of rain out here and roads are bad. I was driving on the gravel on my way home, I hit a huge patch of mud, lost control and went in the...
  11. Weird problem with 4wd

Hello everyone.. I've been a member for a while but it's been a long time since I've logged in. I had a hard time remembering my password and trying to reset it, but somehow I'm back. I have more questions about my 3.0, 1998 ranger, 4wd, manual transmission. I should first mention that I...
  12. 7.5 to 8.8 rear end questions

Hi guys, I started this thread before and when I was almost done I dropped my phone and it shut off so I lost it, I'm gonna start all over again.. I've been posting like crazy lately, last winter was miserable driving this truck having 4wd problems and all kinds of other problems, I don't want...
  13. Quick help with tranny fluid

Hi again, I'm changing transmission fluid, 98 ranger 5 speed, I did the transfer case a little bit ago and I assume the tranny takes mercon V too, am I right? The guy at AutoZone told me it takes 10+ quarts and I know he's full of shit, about how much does it take before it starts coming out of...
  14. Transfer case fluid change

Hey guys, I'm in the middle of changing fluid in my new/used transfer case, I got the sTp Dex/Merc atf, is this what this thing takes? It's out of the truck and I want to make sure I put the right crap in it before I put it all back together and drive it. I'm almost ready to put it back and I...
  15. Hello everyone

Hi everybody, I joined the site yesterday and I just realized I put my first post in the wrong category, I posted in the right away help, is there a way to move it to the non emergency thread? I was just reading the rules but the thread is closed. If someone can do it for me or tell me how to do...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad