• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by jrubot

1. Coil Question

I have a 97 Coil (4 plug head), Question is- Can I wire this in to run one side on my 96 (8 plug head) ? Just wonder if this is an option, all help appreciated
  2. DTC code 28

It`s a 91 Ranger and computer with a 96 motor. The haynes book I have doesn`t even show code 28, so what is the IDM- ignition diagnostic monitor, and how can I stop the code. I got a bunch of codes fixed,but need a little help with this one. Don`t have a clue. I`ve changed both coils out...
  3. EGR Need it or not

OK I have heard of people blocking off EGR. How does it run blocked. I ask because I modified the tube off the header to run with my 91 intake. Now I`m running 96 intake I need to find another EGR to header tube, modify the 1 I have again. or block it off. opinions wanted.
  4. crankshaft sensor 2.3 96 motor 91 computer

Ok I`m trying to put a 96 motor in my 91 ranger. My Question is can I use the sensor that is on the 96 engine,,OR do I need to swap it out for the 1 that is on the 91. I hope I can make this work. any help is greatly appreciated!:headbang::beer:
  5. 96 2.3 header question

There is a thin square electronic box coming off the header on hoses. Could any1 tell me what this is?
  6. New from South Texas

Howdy:beer::icon_welder:
  7. 2.3 Oil Blowing Out Dipstick!

What would cause this? Vacuum Leak?
  8. 96engine to 91 PCM swap ??

Is this going to work? Or Should I swap the 96 PCM and Harness? All suggestions welcome:)engine is 2.3

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad