• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by LilBlueTruck

1. Convert 1995 Explorer to manual trans and transfer case

Did you ever do this conversion? I am considering doing the same swap with a 96 "Control-Trac" 4-door automatic that I would like to purchase. There isn't much info out there on a manual-swap for the 2nd-gen trucks. I'm starting to think that 1st Gen is the way to go.
  2. For Sale Ford Ranger bug-shield - 1998 -2000 - $30

Bug shield for 98-00 Ford Ranger. Good condition - no crack but some marks. Will ship COD if you're not local.
  3. For Sale Ford Ranger chrome grill - 1998 -2000 - $40

OEM grill from 2000 Ford Ranger: very nice condition (9/10), without Ford emblem. Also fits 98 and 99 Ranger. From a 4x2 but will fit 4x4 as well. You won't be disappointed! Will ship COD if you're not local.
  4. seal up dust-cap...

Hey guys, I did the front brakes a week ago on my 2000 2.5L prerunner (4x2) - new rotors, pads, hardware, etc. I cleaned everything up, regreased all the friction points, and put in a new set of Timken wheel-bearings with inner-seals. As I was finishing up, I went to put the dust-cap on that...
  5. 2.5L throttle issue

I have a 2000 2.5L 4x2 with a 5-speed. Since last spring, when letting off of the throttle, the truck would idle erratically. For example, when putting the truck into neutral at a stop-sign, the throttle would surge up to 2,000 - 3,000 rpms for several seconds before dropping back down to the...
  6. Diesel hose OK for gas hose?

I pulled the bed off my 2000 2.5L 4x2 this weekend to replace the leaf-spring mounts. I noticed that the fuel-filler hoses are spent, all rotted out, and could use replacing now that the bed is out of the way and it is an easy fix. After getting a quote from Ford of $350 for a total replacement...
  7. Must pull bed to access leaf-spring mounts?

I have to do the leaf-spring shackle-bracket replacement after one of mine rusted through and broke. I noticed a lot of talk on here about pulling the bed to do this. Is it really necessary to pull the bed? I have a sprayed-in Rhino-liner on mine and the guy who did it covered the six...
  8. Removal of flareside side step

Does anyone know how to remove the little plastic steps that are on either side of the flareside bed? I have to do some touch-up paint work and would like to remove the plastic step without breaking it. I can't imagine that there are replacement parts available for this type of thing. Any help...
  9. Flareside fender-flares

Can anyone definitely tell me if the EGR or Bushwacker fender-flares will work on a 2000 flareside truck? I see some guys using Ranger Edge flares, so I am assuming the aftermarket ones will work as well (in spite of the both companies saying "no"), but I would like confirmation before dropping...
  10. bird stuck in my brakes?

I have a 2000 Ranger 2WD 5-speed with ~150,000 miles and a Fabtech 5.5” Ultimate lift / 32x11.5” tires. It is making a high-pitched chirping noise (almost sounds like a bird!) under the following conditions: - reacts to steering input, starting up and then going away depending on how much I...
  11. Replacing steering shaft, 2000 2WD

I was replacing the ball-joints on my 2000 Ranger 2WD yesterday when I noticed that the boot around the lower end of the steering-shaft was torn in several places. A torn boot is what caused one of the ball-joints to deteriorate, so I thought that this might be a good time to fix this problem as...
  12. Tow Hooks mounted to bumper?

I have a 2000 4x2 4-banger Ranger that I have lifted and put 32s on. Although the truck is rear-wheel drive, I have taken it off-road many times for light-duty off-roading. I do have some "get-unstuck" gear in case I do get in trouble, but I do not currently have any tow-hooks on the truck. I...
  13. Clutch change tips on 2000 4x2...

Hi everyone - I am going to attempt a clutch change on my 2000 Ranger 4x2 4-cylinder this week and I am looking for a few tips. More specifically: 1. With the quick-disconnect hydro clutch line, am I correct in saying that the line will NOT need to be bled after reassembly? 2. Is there...
  14. water leak in cab

Hi guys - quick question about a leak that I have in the cab of my 2000 Ranger regular-cab. I seem to have a leak near the upper-right rear area of the cab. It seemed to leak only during colder weather and during a heavy rain, but now it seems to be more often. The water drips in right above the...
  15. Recommended shocks for lifted 4x2

I want to replace the shocks on my 4x2 Ranger. It has the Fabtech "Ultimate" lift kit, which lifts the truck 5.5" in front (combination 3" spindles and 2 1/2" coil springs) and 4" in rear (combination add-a-leaf and 2" lift-blocks). I do most of my driving on-road but would like something that...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad