• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by RedRangerSTX

1. Which Parking Brake Cables?

I have a '02 Ranger FX4 4.0L extended cab. I need to replace the two rear parking brake cables, but I am at a bit of a loss on which ones my truck should use and haven't really found a clear answer while searching. When you look at online auto parts stores, they offer the following two options...
  2. P0171 Code Help

I have a '02 Ranger FX4, 4.0L, 5spd with about 160k miles on it, and have recently been getting a CEL for P0171 (Bank 1 Lean). The strange thing is that it is NOT throwing a code for Bank 2 being lean. So far I have replaced: MAF Sensor Fuel Filter Upstream 02 sensor on Bank 1 (Bosch) I also...
  3. Replacements for C code leaf springs

I have a '02 Ranger FX4 (4.0L 5spd) and one of my leaf springs has broken. According to my door jamb, the spring code for my truck is C. I spoke to a dealer and the part number they are coming up with is 1L5Z.5560.EA. There is apparently only one in the entire country available at a dealer in...
  4. ABS Problem

I have an '02 Ranger FX4 (manual). Lately when I turn sharp to the right into a parking space and come to a stop the ABS has been pumping before the truck stops. This is on dry pavement, so the truck isn't actually slipping in any way. It does not do this if I turn sharp to the left and come...
  5. Cruise Control Issues

I have an '02 Ranger FX4 with the SOHC 4.0L and a 5spd manual tranny. Sometimes the cruise control will not turn on, and other times it seems to work just fine. When it chooses not to work, the light on the dash does not come on either. You can be going down the highway trying to get it to...
  6. Parking Brake Cables

I have a 2002 Ranger FX4. The parking brake sticks every once in a while, so I figured I would replace the cables on it. I picked up the cables from Advance Auto Parts that the website specifies for my truck (C660112 for the rear left, and C94741 for the rear right). These are the cables that...
  7. Manual Transfer Case Questions

I recently purchased an '02 Ranger FX4 (4.0L w/5spd manual trans) and have a couple questions about it. Previously I had a '97 Ranger STX (4.0L w/auto trans). While my old Ranger had 4x4 slected electronically via a knob on the dash, this newer FX4 has a manual selector on the floor, which I...
  8. Any ideas what would cause a RABS code 12?

My yellow ABS light is on in my '97 Ranger STX with RABS. I grounded the orange/black wire from the test connector with the ignition on and my ABS light flased a code 12 (11 short flashes followed by one long flash), which supposedly means "Low brake fluid level detected during anti-lock stop"...
  9. '97 Ranger RABS Diagnostic Connector Location

Hello, I have a '97 Ranger 4.0L 4x4 STX with rear-only anti-lock brakes (RABS). The yellow anti-lock brake light is on in the gauge cluster. If I start the truck with my foot on the brake, the light does not come on until after I take my foot off the pedal. I tried replacing the speed sensor...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad