• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Seafoam treatment (just to share)

I agree the cats were likely close to clogging before the treatment, but I don't believe in coincidence much and the fact that I have used Seafoam exactly once in the over 10 years and 120k miles I have had this truck and it quits 20 miles later is enough evidence for me that it pushed out some...
  2. Seafoam treatment (just to share)

So I had just returned from a long trip pulling a trailer and thought it might be a good time to put in something to clean the injectors. I have 192k on my 2002 4x4. So after some reading I bought a bottle of Seafoam and added it to my tank of gas. 20 miles later I was sitting on the side of the...
  3. Torque specs for BW1354 Transfer case?

Well, after 5 stops (one being the dealership) it looks like it is going to be the mercon LV. According to the omnipotent parts guy at the dealership the xt-12 no longer exists anywhere. The mercon LV is thinner because it is fully synthetic. The other option is to pay the crazy prices
  4. Torque specs for BW1354 Transfer case?

Interesting thread here: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1580218-mercon-lv-in-transfer-case.html
  5. Torque specs for BW1354 Transfer case?

OK, parts store told me the transfer case takes Mercon LV which doesn't sound right to me since it didn't exist when this truck was built. Are they full of it or is Mercon LV correct? The valvoline maxlife doesn't state it's compatible with earlier Mercon varieties.
  6. Torque specs for BW1354 Transfer case?

Just replaced the drive chain in my transfer case and now can't find the torque ratings to put it back together. First is the case bolts for the two halves of the case. Rear flange bolt (I have read 150lbs-180 but want to confirm) Rear driveshaft bolts (16lbs?) and front driveshaft bolts (the...
  7. Transfer case symptoms

The transmission is an R1HD and all the driveshafts I am finding are saying they aren't compatible with the R1HD, only with the R1. I thought they were basically the same transmission with some gearing differences but externally the same.
  8. Transfer case symptoms

Anyone use USA Standard Gear and have good or bad reviews?
  9. Transfer case symptoms

OK, going to replace the prop shaft as there is significant play and noise in the CV joint from any movement. The question I have now is how do I know which part to order? I am looking at o'reilly and they have 3 different ones with such small length differences it's hard to believe any of these...
  10. Transfer case symptoms

First I have heard of the prop shaft joint. I have it up on jackstands now so going to have someone spin the tires while under it this weekend. Won't get to it until then with work hours.
  11. Transfer case symptoms

OK I have a 2002 xlt 4x4 5 speed. Yesterday on the way to work about 30 minutes into my drive I went from highway speeds to about 30mph in town. I heard a steady clicking/popping noise that I couldn't identify while driving so I parked the truck while waiting for a ride to work. Later that day...
  12. Front half-shaft problem

Thanks for the help. I was thinking it would be that simple, but wanted to confirm. Off to get dirty.
  13. Front half-shaft problem

2002 XLT 4x4 passenger side half shaft replacement. When I went to separate the half shaft from the main axle it didn't separate correctly. Instead the main axle is still tightly connected but pulled out with the half shaft from the differential. I can't pull it completely out due to the length...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad