• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. HndMeDnBroncoII

How to:Check relays for fault.

Original poster:HndMeDnBroncoII Difficulty:2 out of 10 Time to complete:Half an hour. Brief explanation:This guide will aid you to check operation of your fuel pump and engine control relays{eec} My vehicle is an 88 BroncoII 4x4 with a 2.9v6...
  2. HndMeDnBroncoII

Interesting info here!!!!

http://www.asashop.org/autoinc/aug2003/techtips.htm I was searching for wiper diagrams and found this take a look
  3. HndMeDnBroncoII

Doh,Help please

Hey all;i just finished ny tranny swap a4ld to m5od.I wired the neutral sense switch to the neutral safety wires,but the idle is way to high and i need to take it through emissions testing.(aircare) Does any one know how to bring down the idle can i use a toggle switch in the wire going to the...
  4. HndMeDnBroncoII

Bad relay!

Okay so i grabbed the EEC relay while the truck was running(2.9,1988BII)and the rpm increased i let go and the rpm dropped back.So i pulled out the trusty screwdriver and gave the relay a whack,lo and behold the engine stumbled really bad and then smoothed out.After the engine smoothed out it...
  5. HndMeDnBroncoII

relay bad?

So i was poking around the ol BII and out of curiosity i tapped hard on the eec relay and the engine stumbled and then recovered, the relay is fairly new so i changed it out for a spare tapped on it and the the engine stumbled again.I tapped on the fuel pump relay and no change or stumble...
  6. HndMeDnBroncoII

Plugged cats?

Lately my truck(2.9L BII 1988 4X4)has been getting smoking hot on the passenger side floor board and the tranny hump,My exhaust has been leaking but im having a hard time trying to figure if it the manifold to block or the pipe to manifold connections(due to the heat while its running).I have...
  7. HndMeDnBroncoII

No power

Hey guys check this out,my truck 88BII 2.9 a4ld.31s n 3.73 4x4 So i was ready to condemn the tranny,there's just no power feels like it is slipping,i've changed the tranny filter n fluid not to mention ive changed the tps,02,battery,both cables,fuel and eec relays,thermostat,fuel...
  8. HndMeDnBroncoII

Vaccuum modulator

So here is the funny question. I have a 88 BII 2.9 with an a4ld.Today i just swapped out my vaccuum modulator with one i picked off another a4ld with less miles,upon inspecting it all looked okay but the tube where the vaccuum line slides on was weird the one coming off the tranny had just a...
  9. HndMeDnBroncoII

fuel system question

hi guys i have an 88 BII with 2.9l efi for quite a while now and periodically the truck takes a while to start most often the truck starts right away.I have replaced the pump in the tank the fuel filter and the fuel pressure regulator and the fuel pump relay the ground wires at the battery .If...
  10. HndMeDnBroncoII

It runs better

Here's a nice update for you guys.The other day my heater hose blew i had seen its poor condition before and was expecting it.Now when i got the truck o was told it had overheating problems and what not,so i figured id change both heater hoses and the t-stat its cheap enough.I dropped the bottom...
  11. HndMeDnBroncoII

fluid change help

Hey guys i will be changing my tranny fluid n filter in the next week or so, and i was wondering if anyone can give me any pointers. Like anything specific to check or clean.
  12. HndMeDnBroncoII

National Sick Day

Okay heres the scoop its too hard to get anyone organized for many things so i am going to start my own holidayApril 2nd right after april fools. I will be calling in sick that day why national sick day cause im sick of everything gas gov the man the works join me april 2nd what the hell why...
  13. HndMeDnBroncoII

Advice needed!

okay so i just picked up a 94 d35 complete, and will eventually be putting it into my 88 BII. As i have read it should be a stright bolt in.I will have to shorten the drive shaft an 1 1/2"or so or swap to an explorer t case and explorer front driveshaft.Am i correct in my thinking? If anyone...
  14. HndMeDnBroncoII

Fuel mileage #s

okay i have an 88 bII 2.9 a4ld 3.73 and 31s iget roughly 400kms to the tank how about you guys.
  15. HndMeDnBroncoII

need floor ideas

so now its winter time again the truck leaks all over (88BII)the front carpets are drenched and reak.(ughh)So i yanked the carpets,low and behold suface rust galore and daylight through the firewall drivers side.my main concern was the smell and mold issues.(got kids gotta be careful)But now the...
  16. HndMeDnBroncoII

2.9 Hmmm i wonder

okay so ..... Has anyone tried or researched swapping parts between the v6 s such as 2.9 heads on the 3.0 or 4.0 or the manifolds. any ideas:icon_bounceblue:
  17. HndMeDnBroncoII

Tips for diagnosing fuel system

Okay so the truck won't start. Point of fact so far the Haynes manual colour coding for wiring is completly wrong! When i would look at the wires all the wrong colours compared to the book. I now have a copy of mitchell diagrams and every colour matches bang on like it should. Main...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad