• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. For Sale OEM fog light brackets

I need to sell these. Price is for pickup but you will have to pay for shipping over and above list price. They are very heavy. List price is $20. Thanks Dan M.
  2. Starter Wire

Hey my 4 ga. red power wire from the drivers side firewall down to the starter snapped in two right at the connection on the starter. I was thinking that I could just buy a single 4 ga. switch to starter cable and replace leaving the rest of the wiring mess alone. What length of cable should I...
  3. Help to retrieve socket from bellhousing

I dropped a socket down behind engine and I believe it fell thru one of the two holes in the top of the bellhousing on my M5od tranny. I removed inspection plug but cannot reach in very far and my magnet wont sweep very far in there. Can I gain any more access by removing the starter? I...
  4. 4x4 dash light rewire after manual t-case swap

Can someone help me out as to which connector shown in pic in my photo album is the c283 connector? Supposedly i need to tie my wires from t-case into the light blue/black stripe wire as well as solid gray wire to get lights to function properly when manually engaging 4x4 amd 4x4 low. Can...
  5. 1354m linkage question

Can anyone tell me which direction that the little offset shift arm that is mounted on the t-case itself is supposed to face? I have seen pics of different 1354's with it facing towards the front output yoke, while others show it facing away from yoke. When I picked mine up it was facing away...
  6. 1354m noise

I have a question about a tapping or clanking noise that happens when you turn the rear output shaft back and forth? Is this normal? It sounds like something hitting the case just a few inches inside the case behind the flange. Thanks, Dan
  7. 1354 tcase manual shift linkage disassembly

Does anyone know if the upper portion of the lever comes off so i can remove the cam ring to be able to clean up and paint? Does it thread off or is it pressed on? I dont want to mess it up by seperating it. Thanks Dan
  8. Trying to find source of noise?

Hey guys, I have a 97 Ranger 4x4 with 4.0L OHV. I just pulled old motor and bought a used engine that looks almost brand new. Paint on block and everything looks pristine. Guy I bought it from said was pulled from a 97 Explorer with 90,000 miles but looked to him as if it were a replacment...
  9. 4.0L OHV Question

Hey guys, I just bought a used 4.0OHV out of a 97 explorer for my 97 ranger. First off what is the big electircal plug on the passengers front side of the engine block for? My ranger doesn't have this plug...it is where the first bank soft plug is located. Will it hurt anything if left...
  10. Removing 4.0OHV engine

I am in the process of removing my 4.0L from my 97 ranger which has a 5 speed manual tranny. I am leaving transmission in place when removing engine. Question is can i get motor high enough to pick up off motor mounts (removed nuts on top) while still connected to tranny and then able to move...
  11. Alternator "excite" wire not kicking alternator in

Ok, I replaced pretty much all the electrical stuff on the front of the motor of my 97 ranger with a 4.0L engine back last year. New gator back belt, new idler pulley, new alternator, new tensioner, new cables, new battery. Truck ran fine up until the other night when the battery light kicked...
  12. No 4x4 Low

Okay, I just recently rebuilt the entire front end of my truck and replace the crappy auto hubs with manual warn ones. That all works great and as supposed to. Turn the hubs to lock and turn the indicator on the dash to 4x4 high and the light kicks on and I hear a little click and the front...
  13. 97 Ranger A/C problems

Okay, I recently purchased this ranger and have gone thru numerous problems and trying to fix things as they come. I just fixed the major vacuum leak from the intake to vacuum ball canister on the inner fender with a new vacuum line. Now the controls work inside like they should...it changes...
  14. Vacuum Line Question

Hey guys, I have been working on my 4.0L and installed the new fuel rail green paper gasket from Ford since I have the 97 model. I was reinstalling the fuel rail and hooking back up the vacuum line on the fuel pressure regulator when I noticed that where it y's off to the passengers side...
  15. Rebulding entire front end on 97 Ranger

I am in the process of tearing everything apart...buffing/sanding beams and everything and painting everything on the front end of my truck with the D35. I am now reassembling things and put my new radius arm bushings on the passengers side first and bolt it to beam, then put it thru the...
  16. Question about washer lift

Ok, I bought some washers to do the washer stack lift to level out the front of my 97 4x4 ranger with. The only ones I could find were 1 1/2" I.D. and 3 1/4" O.D. which aren't exactly what is speced in the tech info section on this site, but figured they would work. Question is, why do they...
  17. Need some information on pinch bolt

Hey guys, I am tearing apart the front end on my 97 Ranger with the Dana 35 front axle, and the previous owner has cut the nut from the bottom of the pinch bolt. So it's just dangling around in there, but still cannot get it past the radius arm, but will cut the head of the bolt to get it out...
  18. New suspension Problems

Okay, I just recently did the new rear leaf spring hanger/shackle install at all four corners because all of the brackets were about gone including shackles. I had some issues with bending the existing rear leaf springs trying to get the old bolts out, so long story short I had to buy new rear...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad