• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. t0x1k

Parking brake cable on explorer 8.8 won't clear tire

After getting sick of my 15x10s with 3" BS I went and got 6.5BS to tuck them in, but now the parking cable will hit the tire. I can't see a way to route the cable without putting an extreme bend in it. Someone has had to come across this issue as I have seen plenty of wide tired trucks. Truck is...
  2. t0x1k

Transmission won't shift into gear

Heres the story. I have a 302 ranger with a tremec tko600 with a ram clutch, for over a year now the custom hydraulic setup was working just fine. I did an axle swap after driving it for a week the trans started to shift into first very hard. It started as a hit and miss thing. Now it's like...
  3. t0x1k

My 302HO Ranger running low 14s.

http://youtu.be/nbF_p6rnm3A Ran a low 14 in that video, camera was acting up for the rest of the runs, last run of the night I ran a 14 flat. With the right tire and rear end set up I can easily dip into the mid 13s. You can see how bad my ass end hops at launch and also hops in each gear. Right...
  4. t0x1k

The pheonix

Please excuse the absurdly large images.:dunno: This could go down as the fastest v8 swap in a ranger ever. I purchased the ranger May 4, began tear down around May 8, by end the following week the engine was in. By May 18, clutch and trans were bolted up. By May 29 I had already had it fired...
  5. t0x1k

Using holley fuel pump on an 85 fuel tank that had a mechanical fuel pump?

As the title states, this the last step of my swap. I would like to use the stock fuel tank if possible. Want to keep the stock look of the truck. I have a Holley fuel system, carb, regulator, fuel pump. Is it possible to do this? Are electric fuel pumps capable of pulling from the tank or do...
  6. t0x1k

How to: use Fox body mustang Prothane motor mounts for 2wd 5.0 swaps

Well, since I have a pretty decent engine and little rubber mounts were not going to cut it. Plus I have tons of performance parts from my totaled mustang. This mod applies to 2wd trucks, 4wd is untested. I'm using a carbed motor, I'm not sure how tall a EFI is compared, just might not clear if...
  7. t0x1k

Project:"85 v8" I want to call it red rocket...but that sounds dirty

Starting with a 1985 ranger, picked it up for 1850. little to no rust, under side is immaculate, manual brakes and steering should help me out with engine clearance and headers. My 94 ranger has more rust problems. The radius arms still have the original powder coat where as most other rangers...
  8. t0x1k

My "new" 1985 ranger

Just came home with me tonight. Thing is immaculate. Not a spec of rust on it. It's almost like this thing was kept sealed up for 27 years. Even the common problem areas don't have rust. Inside and out was completely repainted. She's a 2wd, reg cab short bed. Manual brakes and steering, with...
  9. t0x1k

SO look what my ranger dragged home today!

:yahoo: $3000, 1987 carbed 5.0, wicked fast. Wicked loud. Only need a new pinion seal. :icon_hornsup: Truck handled very well, just sucked going up hill.
  10. t0x1k

Sunday aug 28 wharton run

Sunday Sept 4 wharton run Lets get something. I haven't been out since...damn cant remember when. Plus I've got a potential date who wants to ride shot gun. :headbang: Just gotta replace my ball joints this week, last ride out did a number on them. Typical place and time as always.
  11. t0x1k

Where is everybody?

Really, this section is as dead as, well, something dead. I'm looking to do some wheeling next month, providing there's no more triple digit temps.
  12. t0x1k

Achieving extreme rear flex?

I have some ideas floating in my head and want to get them out in the open to be criticized or praised. Anyone have experience with the last one in particular? The drop plate is simple and effective, but not going to gain the flex I want. No mention of chevy leafs please. My truck isn't...
  13. t0x1k

need help!! 9inch pass side seal/bearing going bad!!

Bent axle housing. Bad carrier bearing?
  14. t0x1k

Air Suspension Q's

I don't have a bagged truck, but my car is bagged. Handling is improved greatly providing you have shocks that are the right type for the height you plan to drive. I run air cylinders which have 2 chambers, pressure and non pressure, the non pressure acts as the shock absorber with a slow down...
  15. t0x1k

9" 3rd memeber Spline question

I want to say, a 31 spline carrier will fit in a 28 spline member. although anything higher than 31 needs an entirely new carrier. Someone else chime in.
  16. t0x1k

S Jersey Ranger meet and Greet 6/26/11

Supercharged 4.0 Novarob's no door glasses almost flipped! our day ended with No tickets issued, they just wanted to hassle him about the doors. Photos courtesy of Scott5640
  17. t0x1k

ford 9'' pinnon seal replacement

Mark the nut and stud with a paint pen. This way you put it on exactly the same way, then tighten a bit farther than your mark, just 1/8" past. You might want to also look into a speedi sleeve as I can bet you the sealing surface on the yoke is bad. It's not hard. I'm putting off sleeving my...
  18. t0x1k

HOW TO: Post pictures; where to upload them for free.

I wanna help out everyone here that isn't too internet savvy. Pictures can make your question get answered quicker and more accurately. There are a lot of places that are 100% free to upload pictures. Many are account based, many are upload, copy the link and done, or both. Let me start with...
  19. t0x1k

d44 radius arms

Why does every suggest photobucket? Imageshack.us is like a million times better and doesnt delete photos, yes they randomly delete your stuff.
  20. t0x1k

Meet and Greet around central Jersey

I really would like to get a ranger meet and greet/cook out going in June. Just get everyone from lifted, stock, show, or low together and just have a good time. Have some food, maybe some truck tug of war, just relax and have fun and show off. Doesn't really have to be in South jersey. Maybe...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad