• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2.3 timing question

I am checking to confirm that my timing is solid (so I can rule it out as a source of my truck's poor running). I do not have access to the sockets that I used while assembling the engine. What size socket do I need to rotate the crank on my 97 2.3? Also, I considered just using the cam pulley...
  2. Same 97 ranger, same mysterious problem, new thread

I am going to start a new thread so that I can clarify the issues and hopefully find a solution (the old one is sort of a mixture of suggestions and things I've tried...) The problem: -It backfires, hesitates, idles rough and has very little power. -Engine was rebuilt ~10k miles ago (rings...
  3. Mysteryous bogging... '97 2.3

I've had a short love/hate relationship with my ranger. After a rough start to our time together, it now has a rebuilt bottom end (rings, bearings, seals, gaskets) and a few electrical issues (O2 heater circuit fault). However it recently started having a new problem, and I can't figure it out...
  4. 97 O2 Heater fault

Hey everyone. I recently bought a 97 ranger 2.3 and have just finished rebuilding/installing the motor. All is working well except I keep getting a Bank 1 O2 heater circuit fault code. I traced the wiring down and had continuity between the upper and lower sensors on one wire, continuity to PCM...
  5. Rebuilding my 2.3 (95 edition)

I am rebuilding the 2.3 out of a 95 ranger and have hit some bumps. No one seems to have all the torque and clearance specs for this motor. The haynes manual has the major bolts, but no clearances. 1) What are the connecting rod to journal bearing bolt torque specs and clearances (I want to...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad