• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. hr8882

high RPMs coming to stop

I have a Ford Ranger 3.0L MFI. When I come to a stop the rpms stay 1300-1500 for about 30 seconds after stop then comes down to 700, its hard on the vehicle. its hairy in traffic coming to a stop. i have no codes or pending codes, I've cleaned the throttle body and plate. if I plug the IAC the...
  2. hr8882

2002 Ranger gauges not working

hey everyone. I have a 2002 Ranger 2x4 3.0. i replaced my dash cluster lamps [ the 194 ones] with LED lamps because 2/3 of the incandescent ones were out. I used Sylvania OEM replacement LED's. Now my gauges [gas,fuel,alt. and temp. seat belt light, check engine light etc.. no longer work...
  3. hr8882

3.0 hard miss fire

I have a 2002 ranger 3.0 RWD that has a intermittent bad miss at idle and at cruising on highway [ low load ] NO codes. complete tune up done 15,000 miles before this. New coil 3 years ago . When miss happens the tachometer does change. It does act like a cam sensor but was wondering about the...
  4. hr8882

pinion flange nut

I have a 2002 ranger 2WD. 7.5 open differential axle code 86. Can you help me out and tell me the size of the nut on the rear pinion flange? Thanks!
  5. hr8882

Rear Main oil seal

I have a 2002 ranger RWD 3.0 4R5 auto trans. I have to replace the rear main oil seal. but when I key in my truck data on various auto parts sites I get two styles. A two piece and a one piece. I didn't know that manufacturers still used the two piece. Anyone got any help here? Thanks
  6. hr8882

Water in floor board

I have a 2002 Ranger that for the longest time that had a lot of water getting in to the passenger floor board. After new door seals, window squeegees I decided to pull the whole floor board mat out to investigate. What I found was that just below where the front mounts is for the seat is a...
  7. hr8882

2001 ranger water in the doors

I have a problem with excessive water getting inside the doors. I changed the door glass squeegees thought this would help but it didn't. I noticed this truck only has one little plastic grill on the door for a drain. it's clear. A little water in the door is normal but these doors get 1/4 to...
  8. hr8882

Aftermarket Media Center Install

I have a 2002 standard cab ranger. I need the schematic showing wiring to radio plug. Thanks in advance
  9. hr8882

Cab rust

I have a 1988 and a 2002 ranger with the same cab corner rust. Has any one found any kind of remedy for this? Living in the NE I rinse off the salt but didn't help. Has to be some kind of of body flaw.
  10. hr8882

steering issue

Hey guys. I have this 88 ranger 4x4 that I've noticed over the last couple of weeks won't steer back to center without me pulling back to center and even than still wants to pull toward the direction that I returned to center from. Feels as if the caster is messed up although I know it's not...
  11. hr8882

speedo question

Before I pull the cluster, does a 2002 ranger have a speedo cable or is it electronic. I have a clicking in the cluster area that almost sounds like a relay. The clicking goes away when I come to a stop. The speedo needle isn't jumping. Thanks
  12. hr8882

wheel swap

will the wheels from a 1988 ranger fit my 2002 ranger
  13. hr8882

water injection

I have a 1988 ranger 2.9 FI As this model has no place for an EGR { the place where one would go is just blank casting] I need to know if anyone has water injection in use. Emissions Tech says there is nothing wrong with my vehical that my emissions are what they are for the year the vehical. My...
  14. hr8882

spindle nuts

I posted the other day in the 4x4 section but got no answer. I have a bad spindle bearing in my 1988 ranger 4x4.auto hubs. I need to know what size is the tool for the spindle nuts Thanks
  15. hr8882

1988 ranger spindle nuts

I have 1988 4x4 2.9 manual 5 speed. I looked in the tech section but can't find what size the spindle/ wheel bearings nuts. These are stock auto hubs
  16. hr8882

Help with brake line flaring

After years of flaring steel brake lines sucessfully I decided to use Ni copper line because of constant corrosion here in the NE. I can't get this new line to double flare without the flare breaking or cracking. what am I doing wrong ? Is there a certain technique thats different than steel line.
  17. hr8882

Auto Trans compatiabiliy for 2002

I have a plain 2002 ranger 2 wheel drive it has a 5r55e trans came with this trans instead of 5r44e because it's a fleet truck. I need a transmission and need to know what production years will fit this truck. 2002 5r55e are rare but can find alot for 2004-2009. I would be thankful for any info...
  18. hr8882

1988 ranger 4x4

Hey guys, I'm in a bind here! I can't get the camber bushings out. I've tried my air hammer, won't budge. Is there a tool like a ball joint separator that works on these bushings? I soaked'em good in PB Blaster. Any ideas out there?
  19. hr8882

OD servo

I ask this question to another member but no answer. I have a 2002 ranger with 5r44e. I have a bad leak from the OD servo cover. put new piston, cover and O ring. Still leaks bad! onto the converter. as this is my work truck I don't need it catching fire. Can anyone tell me if there is a part#...
  20. hr8882

band servo

I know it might be tricky but does anyone think it's possiabe to change the intermediate band servo with the trans in the truck. I was thinking if I leave the tension on the band the band strut should stay in place. getting the cver off is not a problem. This is a 5R44e trans. It's leaking bad...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad