• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 94 2.3L 2WD NO high idle on cold startup/what to do about two vacuum hoses

Thanks to all for the many fixes that have been accomplished with your help over the last few months: - New TPS sensor (solved code) - Blocked EGR (solved code) - New ECT (engine coolant temperature sensor) sensor (solved code) - Replaced all four fuel injectors, cleaned TB and upper and lower...
  2. RTV on lower intake manifold to head?

Red RTV on both sides of felpro gasket for lower intake manifold to head? Or not...just felpro gasket with no RVT? What about upper intake manifold to lower manifold? RTV + gasket or not? Felpro's website says no way...just use gasket. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
  3. 1994 2.3L EGR Tube

Ford does not manufacture it anymore. I can't find it anywhere - only choice is probably junkyard, and that looks slim from the junkyards I've talked to around me. My present tube is twisted and cracked. I'm getting the "insufficient flow EGR valve" error code. The truck sometimes will start...
  4. 2.3 L Ford Ranger 2WD - rough idling and stall upon acceleration

I was stranded a few weeks ago, where my ranger just gave out - felt like I was riding with half power or two cylinders. The engine was jumping around and really idling very rough. Figured it was the throttle position sensor. Changed plugs and wires and throttle position sensor in the parking...
  5. 1994 Ford Ranger XLT 2.3L man. trans.

Two months ago my Ranger didn't start. I jumped it, went and had the battery checked and it failed. I bought a new one. No big deal. Wrong. A few weeks later, upon cranking my truck, it wouldn't turn over and just went dead - like the battery went dead. I waited a few minutes...cranked it...
  6. Ranger Rear End

If I have my truck jacked up on jack stands and in neutral (I have a manual drive), and I turn the driveshaft manually, and only the back wheel on the driver's side turns (the other back tire doesn't), then is this a huge problem? While test driving yesterday, after replacing the timing belt...
  7. Timing Belt Discussion

I successfully changed out my clutch. On a 15 minute test drive, my upper radiator hose began to bulge and coolant was leaking out of the radiator on the driver's side. The truck was running really, really rough and was having much trouble accelerating, especially from 2nd to 3rd and almost...
  8. clutch or transmission issue?

94 Ranger, 170,000 miles, 2.3 L I replaced my clutch, pressure plate, slave cylinder, and had my flywheel resurfaced. I bled my slave cylinder twice following Haynes instructions, and I'm still having problems which I don't even think stem from my new clutch. I cannot shift gears at all, with...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad