• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Riq21

SCT programmer

I have posted this on another site but haven't any hits yet. Thought I would try here also. I am in the final stages of prep prior to dropping the 5.0 into my 2002. Went by the local speed shop today and priced the product mentioned. I need it to disable PATS, and also disable the transmission...
  2. Riq21

Oil pump question

OK, just now assembling my 5.0 and have on hand 2 oil pumps. Both are standard flow/pressure. Number 1 pump is a Ford Racing pump and the other is made by Melling. Both are new and in the wrapper. Which one would you use and why? TIA
  3. Riq21

stone guard protection on fenders

I have an 02 getting painted right now and do not want to put the mud flaps back on. Is there some kind of plate or cover that would be used to cover the area vacated at the mounting area where the mud flaps used to be? It is either cover these with a pre-existing part or fill in the holes...
  4. Riq21

Stock shift knob

How in the hell do you remove these without destroying it. I have read they are just threaded on and you should be able to remove them with a little effort. Hah-I have put some big effort into this and it will not budge. Any suggestions out there?
  5. Riq21

2 wheel drive motor mounts

Finally got discouraged trying to find someone to make the "Brian" motor mounts for me and went with what James Duff had to offer. Anyone have any experience with these mounts, as in how will it locate the engine in relationship to the firewall?
  6. Riq21

Misc. 5.0 questions

Still cleaning parts and buying misc. parts and pieces in anticipation of getting the motor back this week. Also ass deep in wiring diagrams and now just beginning to understand what I am looking at a bit. Couple of questions have come up though: Will the MAF that I currently have for the 2.3...
  7. Riq21

Here it goes.....

Just about ready to step off into 5.0 land. Located a 99 engine out of an explorer with about 140K on it, so most probably a candidate for a rebuild. Intend to spend some time chasing parts so will not begin build until later this year. Have been reading the posts and have begun to take notes...
  8. Riq21

PATS question

I have a 2002 2.3 as stated and will be putting a 1999-2001 explorer 5.0 in soon. How do you make the PATS compatable with one being a B series and the other being an E series? Simple question, but one I have to have my head wrapped around before I can do the swap. Also, I want to use a 5...
  9. Riq21

Another swap inquiry....

Guys, I have a 2002 2.3L manual and would like to know what is the best candidate 5.0 for a swap. Is it possible to stay with a manual and what do I need to do this? Obviously looking for simpliest way to get this done, but should be able to do all the work myself. Looking specifically for...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad