• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Anybody know about trailers?

I'm trying to identify the style of wheels and drums on an old equipment trailer a friend of mine bought, and I'm coming up empty. He thinks they're "Dayton" style hubs, like you see on trucks, but these have no clamps that hold the wheels on. I can get a pic later, but I'll try to describe them...
  2. Any Ford Techs here? airbag light help

Trying to help my neighbor with an airbag light on his 2003 Taurus. It started out as a code 36, which I've come to understand can be for either the passenger OR drivers side airbag circuit. This car doesn't have side airbags, it has the yellow jumper plugs under the seats. I checked the wiring...
  3. Clock spring resistance. Airbag code 36

Neighbor of mine has an 03 Taurus with SRS light on flashing code 36. I checked the wiring under the driver seat and made sure the resistor module contacts were clean. I then looked to the clock spring mechanism. The one in my Lincoln went bad about two years ago and the cruise and audio...
  4. Air tools! Need some opinions...

So here's the skinny. I may be starting as a tech at the dealership I work for around the end of this month. But I need some tools. Lots of tools actually, but I think the most important because they'll likely get used the most are some basic air tools. Impact wrench, air ratchet, air hammer...
  5. Power steering belt makes good replacement for...

When your air pump locks up and shreds your alternator belt in the middle of the night after all the parts stores are closed, and you still have an hour of driving to do to get home. Knock that air pump pulley off (three 10mm bolts), and swap the PS belt over to the alternator. It fits perfect...
  6. Trans Removal PITA!

:pissedoff: 6 hours to get the transmission out of my truck the past two nights. I yanked the transmission out of a Ranger in the junkyard in less than two hours. I got everything unbolted and it just dropped right out. But mine... had to break the bell housing bolts loose with a 3 foot cheater...
  7. Toyo Kogyo rebuild instructions?

So I picked up a 5 speed TK from the junkyard last weekend. It has a fair amount of wiggle in the input shaft bearing. I can get a new bearing easy enough (after doing a bit of digging) but I can't for the life of me find ANYTHING about how to take the damn thing apart. It looks like I should be...
  8. Junkyard haul! TK trans!

Found what I was looking for at the junkyard this weekend. A Tk 5 speed trans out of an 84 ranger. Don't know the mileage because the cluster was gone, but it seems to be in decent shape except the input shaft has a little wiggle in it. I'm trying to source a new bearing. Anybody know of a...
  9. Plugs... Not sure what to think...

So I put a new set of plugs in the 85 today. I gave each of the old ones a close check as I took them out. The first one, cylinder 3 (the hardest one to get to) was actually a bit loose, clean, and looked 100% normal. Second one, cylinder 2, straight up white. Apparently running pretty lean on...
  10. Locked up 2150... rebuildable?

So a friend of mine is getting rid of a 2100 (I'm thinking now its a 2100 not a 2150) out of his 302 Comet. I wanna say its a 74 or 75 something like that. It's free. Problem is, the throttle shaft is seized. Would it be worth it to tear into it and get it cleaned/freed up and try to use it...
  11. Back in the Ranger game

So yesterday I plunked down $600 on an 85 reg cab 4x4 as a replacement for my 84 reg cab 4x2. 2.8 feels strong, needs some carb work, a valve adjustment, and a few oil seals. Transfer case seems in good shape, but can't tell if it makes any noise over the transmission which has a bad bearing or...
  12. V8 swap transmission HELP!!

I'm going to begin gathering the important parts (engine and transmission) for my V8 swap, I can handle digging up a 302 out of a junkyard car/truck, but the problem comes when trying to locate and identify the right transmission. I want a 5 speed manual (not the kind with granny gears)...
  13. Another fuel mileage thread!

I figured out that if I could get 27mpg out of my truck on a regular basis I would only need to fill it up about once a month. How would I do that? Well obviously with a 4 banger, but I need to decide which one to get. So what kind of mileage do you guys get out of your 4 cyl rangers? It...
  14. Carb question.

What's the diaphragm like thing attached to the front of the float bowl on the 2150? Its between the throttle pump and fuel filter. It has a nipple on it for a vacuum hose which has never been there since I've owned this truck. I did cap it off with a rubber end cap which became brittle and just...
  15. 2.8 troubles: random misfire, power loss

Hello all! I had an account here some time ago that seems to have disappeared so I had to re-register. Anyway, to my problem. Got an 84 2wd Ranger XLT with a worn out 2.8. Have some compression issues on a few cylinders that seem to be stable for about the past year. Its been running fine...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad