• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. El_Capitan

Dual to single fuel pump conversion '87 2.9

The intank fuel pump on my truck is starting to get a little noisy, so I'm thinking it will have to be changed out soon. That got me wondering what it takes to convert to a single in tank pump and ditch the dual setup. I know folks on hear have done this. Is it as simple as getting a drop in...
  2. El_Capitan

Pinon angle calculation

Does anyone know or have a link to tell me how to set pinion angle correctly? Ever since I re-geared to 4:88's I've had a vibration/noise around 45 or so mph. Drive slower it's fine drive faster it's ok also. I thought it was the driveline itself, so I had a whole new unit built and balanced...
  3. El_Capitan

1350 to1354

Hey guys I recently did a gear swap in my 87 Ranger. Unfortunately my t-case coincidentally decided it was done soon after. What my question is: is the 1354 a direct replacement for a 1350? But before you answer my 1350 is an Stx unit with a fixed front yoke. A little info its an 87 with a fm145...
  4. El_Capitan

dana 35 shims/oil slinger

Hi all, I'm about to change the gears in my '93 dana 35 front end. Just got the rear finished up. I have a couple questions though. The factory uses the oil slinger to set pinion depth, however the install kit I got from Randy's shims from behind the bearing race. Do I remove and reinstall the...
  5. El_Capitan

Check engine light

Today while replacing a light bulb in my gauge cluster (87 Ranger) I noticed that it had a provision for a CEL, with a bulb and everything. I also noticed that wiring to make that light work is missing. What my question is: What is required to actually make this work? Other than the ovious pin...
  6. El_Capitan

Code 95??

Sooo like the title says I have a code 95 0n my '87 2.9 5 speed.. Now I have changed out the ecu for one from an '89 -only- to make the egr system go away. The truck runs very well, well for a 2.9 that has almost 275k on it. What I can tell code 95 has to do with the fuel pump, mine has the dual...
  7. El_Capitan

Cold start stalling issue '87 2.9

Well after searching the forum for what seems like forever, I have not found an answer. I'll start with what has been changed or replaced as maintenance, or just plain needing it, since the truck is over 20 years old it's coming up on 250k. All new parts nothing used.. IACV O2 sensor ACT...
  8. El_Capitan

Newer computer...

So I have a '87 Ranger, and I have a newer fed emiss computer. What exactly needs to be done to swap to the newer computer? No MAF nothing like that.. Thanks:beer:
  9. El_Capitan

Hello there!

Well I am new to this forum, although I've owned the my truck since '92. It is (was) a dark blue '87 STX 4X4 shortbox. I drove it without a problem untill '97 when I rolled it. But the story with it doesn't end there. After a few years of sitting I purchaced a '88 2wd with a semi straight body...
  10. El_Capitan

Idle issues '87 STX

So I am new to this forum, but I have owned my Ranger since 1992. It is an '87 4X4 STX with a 2.9v6 5spd with approx 250k on it. Now I have had this issue for quite some time now, wandering idle sometimes 850-900 sometimes 1500. I have replaced the Iacv the Tps sensor coolant temp sensor and...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad