• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. fusible link?

i was out wheeling my 86' b2 the other day, everything was going good had no problems whatsoever, i shut my truck off to take a break but as soon as i went to turn the truck over i had nothing, the truck was completely dead. i checked out the solenoid by touching the two copper terminals with a...
  2. crank spacer???

i just did a 5 speed swap in a 86' bronco and i was wondering if i need the crank spacer that was used for the flex plate to bolt on with the flywheel. i bolted everything up but when i turn the key over the starter doesnt catch the teeth of the flywheel(brand new flywheel). i took the starter...
  3. grinding starter

ok so i have an 86' bronco 2 with a 2.9 five speed. everything was working just fine until one day i go to start my truck and it makes a loud grinding noise, i've replaced the starter and it is still making the same noise. i went and pulled the starter out and i had seen that the bendex spring...
  4. another electrical problem

ok so i was messing with the wiring harness on my 86' b2 2.9 when out of nowhere a ground wire from the harness grabbed a hold of the motor and ended up frying the solenoid, after that happened i couldnt get any juice from the harness even after replacing the solenoid. i went to the nearest...
  5. idling a little off

so ive got an 86' bronco 2 with the 2.9 liter, whenever i have the truck idling it sounds like it is misfiring. ive checked all the plugs and even put a timing light on it and it seems to be fine, as it idles the motor shakes just a little more than normal. could it possibly be a bad valve? or...
  6. saltwater fuel

hey you guys should go look up 'saltwater fuel' on youtube, you will be shocked and amazed
  7. wiring harness

i think ive made a big mistake. i had recently purchased a motor out of an 88' ranger, the wiring was completely useless, chopped, chewed up, you name it. i had plans on dumping it into my 86' bronco 2 which has a complete wiring harness. if i stripped all of the electrical off of the 88' motor...
  8. starter motor not engaging

i have an 86 bronco II with the 2.9 liter and a 5 speed. i seem to have a problem with the starter motor not turning the flywheel (which are both brand new). when i turn the truck over it will sound like it wants to start but then it will make a loud metal on metal noise, i have unbolted the...
  9. 2.9 flooding out?

so i finally got my bronco 2 running, it ran like a champ for a few days and out of nowhere it ran like crap, i noticed that my o2 sensor had dangled too close to the exhaust and it had melted part of the o2 sensor, after i cut and spliced the wires and purchased a new o2 sensor its still back...
  10. 2.9 running horrible

i have an 88 bronco 2. it seems to have a problem running while driving, it idles fine but once i start driving it seems to sputter and feels like its misfiring and underpowered. ive checked everything as far as ignition goes, does anyone know what this could be? i thought about replacing all...
  11. wont turn over

so i have a 2.9l b2 that isnt starting. everything seems to be in working order but its just not going. does anyone have any idea of whats going on? im guessing its maybe something with the fuel injectors???:icon_confused:
  12. no go

so i picked up an 86' b2 off a buddy of mine. the 2.9l that was in it was blown but i swapped it out with an 88' 2.9l along with a 5 speed manual tranny. Everything seems to be ok but im missing a few plug ins that go from the wire harness to the firewall. the motor turns over but i cant get it...
  13. timing issue

i seem to have a problem getting the timing correct with my 2.9. everytime i set the #1 cylinder to top center it seems to be 180 degrees off after i try to start the truck. does anyone know what the problem is? i assume that the "TC" marking on the harmonic balancer is top center
  14. wont fire

:icon_confused:trying to figure out why b2 wont fire. ive replaced the alternator, starter, coil, solenoid, checked the timing, the only thing that ive done different is to run my fuel pump by a manual toggle switch. if anyone knows whats going on i'd appreciate the help

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad