• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Tach help

My tach has been inoperative since i resurrected my car from years back and id like to have a tach again. Any links to the wiring of said tach? it worked fine, sat for years and never worked again so im assuming its something simple
  2. 91 power door locks

My power door locks dont work anymore, they used to be able to manually lock them but now they wont even move manually. Im guessing the actuator froze?
  3. 91 ranger transfer case wont hold 4 hi

my manual transfer case has decided it wont hold 4 hi, i can shift it into it but it slowly pops back out. 4 low locks in and holds just fine. Any ideas?
  4. Kedge Grip vs Studs

I need new tires for my 00 Explorer DD, and have run Treadwrights on it for 9 winters with great luck but...the rubber seems to be getting hard and i slipped more than i liked last year. Plus i dont need the heavy mud tread style anymore. They were studded as well So i was considering getting a...
  5. Limited Slip options

I recently resurrected my 91 Ranger and just had to drive thru a fairly bad snow storm and i seriously miss how sure footed my Explorer with factory LS is, so i want to add one to my Ranger. Its the stock 8.8, what are my options for just DD driving?
  6. 215-70/r14 snow tires for an Aerostar

My mom is going to be buying tires for her Aerostar here soon for winter and i was wondering what everyone likes to use in that size. Ive had good luck with Cooper Weathermasters, anyone else have an opinion? The only thing that they have to be is studdable as studs are an absolute must.
  7. Speedometer woes

My 91 Ranger is having some speedo issues. Before i changed the ABS speed sensor it would read 10mph higher as soon as the ABS light came on, now it reads batshit crazy(45mph at idle in 1st gear. I have the worlds fastest Ranger apparently:yahoo:) for the first 15 miles of driving or until my...
  8. Choke problem

Im resurrecting an 85 bII and while it starts just fine the automatic choke will not disengage, anything i should look for to fix it?
  9. Clutch kits

So im gonna have to replace the slave cylinder here soon and i might as well throw in a new clutch while im at it(as far as i know its still on its original at 216,000 miles). The truck is used as a work truck and isnt used to tow much if at all nor is it used to haul much. I usually try to...
  10. Shock advice

Since searching for shocks pulls up nearly every single post on here ill just ask. I need some new shocks for my 4x4 extracab, its my work truck and i need something that is able to handle fairly bumpy dirt roads without killing me. Anyone have a favorite shock for this situation?
  11. Tailgates

I have a 91 styleside, which years will fit my truck? It seems like every single ranger tailgate around here is either expensive or broken.
  12. Tach help

My stock tach isnt working and i dont particularly want to rip apart the dash right now so im planning on getting an aftermarket one. How hard is it to install on my 91 Ranger? I know i need to hook it off a wire off the coil but everyone tells me that its the yellow/brown stripe wire i need to...
  13. Shifts better when cold? Please help!

I also posted this isn the tranny forum. Ive got a m5od thats acting sort of strange. I replaced the master cylinder and was resigned to the fact that the slave wasnt far behind but on a whim i checked the fluid in the tranny. It was super sludgy and old(this car was recently resurrected for a...
  14. Shifts better when cool? Please help!

Ive got a m5od thats acting sort of strange. I replaced the master cylinder and was resigned to the fact that the slave wasnt far behind but on a whim i checked the fluid in the tranny. It was super sludgy and old(this car was recently resurrected for a 7 year slumber of sitting in the woods)...
  15. air shocks, who is using them?

Im considering getting some air shocks for the back of my ranger, my shocks are shot and the springs arent much better plus i use this to haul stuff in for work. How is the ride of these things with moderate pressure in them? Which ones are you guys using? Are you happy with them?
  16. m5od fluid help

My 91 ranger has been shifting a bit hard for a little while, mostly in 1st and 2nd with 3rd being a bit notchy as well. I replaced the leaking master cylinder so i assumed the slave cylinder needs replaced as well but for giggles i replaced the fluid(the car has just been recently ressurected...
  17. m5od fluid help

My 91 ranger has been shifting a bit hard for a little while, mostly in 1st and 2nd with 3rd being a bit notchy as well. I replaced the leaking master cylinder so i assumed the slave cylinder needs replaced as well but for giggles i replaced the fluid(the car has just been recently ressurected...
  18. rough idle at start

Ive got a 91ranger with the 4.0 ohv and its recently started idling really rough for the 1st couple seconds on its first start of the day when its cooler, any ideas on what it could be? The check engine light doesnt come on and the engine is healthy for being 215000 miles from new(doesnt...
  19. Hello all

I am theAntihero and i approve of this forum:headbang: Ive got a 91 extracab ranger 4.0 5 speed 4x4 that is actually my first car and has,until recently, sat in the woods for 7 years not running .It had a phantom starting problem that i got tired of screwing with. Now that im a bit older and, i...
  20. ABS speed sensor bolt snapped

So ive got a 91 ranger and had to replace the ABS speed sensor since i was tired of my speedo reading way faster than it should and not having rear abs. The problem is the bolt snapped that holds it in. I live in north idaho where they use salt, calcium chloride and im fairly certain the blood...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad