• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Sloppy shifter... not the rebuild kit or transmission

Hey all... im sure they may be others out there... but i was wondering if anyone has a fix for a sloppy shifter... i installed one of those shifter rebuild kits with the bushings but the sloppiness isnt the bushings or the transmission... its the slop when the shifter is in neutral... it can...
  2. Hitch Compatibility

Hey all, I may pick up an OEM ford hitch from someone tomorrow from a 1999 ranger... would it fit my 88 ranger? it seems the etrailer part numbers for other hitches seem to cross over a number of years of the ranger but i wasnt sure about the OEM one... thanks! if it helps, it seems it may...
  3. Has anyone actually completed this?

Hey all... just checking to see if anyone has actually completed a custom line for the clutch master cylinder to the slave? i swapped in an M5R1 from my a4ld... and i used the plastic hardline... i dont honestly like the way it fits so i was wanting to see about a stainless flexible line or the...
  4. Bolt size thread and pitch for Dust cover

Hey all... im trying to finish up the details on my m5r1 swap... i swapped in an m5r1 for my a4ld... i removed the bolt that held the dust shield to the a4ld... and now i guess the bolt is different on the m5r1... so does anyone know the bolt size, thread and pitch for the bolt that holds the...
  5. windshield trim seal

anyone come accross a rubber seal/trim that may be universal that can take the place of the metal trim around the front windshield of the first gen's?
  6. M5R1 Whinning when hot? and weird clutch pedal?

Hey all... just completed my 5speed swap the other day... have 2 questions.... first is an easy one to explain... i got a pre-bled system from dorman... installed my clutch pedal... and i only have to push the pedal maybe an inch to full disengage the clutch?? is that a symptom of air in the...
  7. issue with 4 low

hey all... i searched for my 4wd not engaging and i fixed that issue... i took my shift motor apart cleaned up the brush contacts and re-greased the worm gear and the end of the motor shaft re-assembled it and the truck shifts in to 4HI now... but it wont go into 4 LO... it just clicks a few...
  8. 4wd / 4x4 not wanting to engage

Hey all.. i tried searching, but the wordsi was typing werent giving me the greatest results... i read through the troubleshooting tips and i am probably gonna take a gander at it this weekend but i wanted to check here to see if there is a noteable issue... i have the 4x4 button above the...
  9. What is this?? and could it be my issue?

I have the inevible ticking from my 2.9.... i thought it was an exhaust leak, but my dad helped me rule that out.... i believe ive possibly narrowed the ticking down to a little black modulator that has a vaccumm on it see circled picture.... what is it and what does it do and can it be the...
  10. M5od into 88 ranger 4x4 swap questions

hello all i just picked up an m50d 4x4 from a somewhat local guy. the tranny needs alittle cleaning but it seems pretty decent and its a manual so it would be worth investing alittle more than my a4ld... so anyways a few questions that i cant seem to find my specific answers... M5od is the...
  11. dash lights

i tried searching but couldnt find what i was looking for.... anyone have a picture of the first gen dash lights all lit up... mainly looking for the idiot lights.... i was proud that my truck hasnt shown the check engine light... but then i was thinking... what if it was on and the previous...
  12. Stiff Throttle

hey all i was wondering if there are any tips on making the throttle not as stiff? i sprayed some wd40 into the TB side of the throttle cable... didnt seem to help much. any other ideas on getting the pedal not to be as stiff?
  13. Governor replacement

Hello all, in the middle of trying to fix my "wont shift until warm" issue with my ranger. 88 XLT 2.9L 4x4 with the electric tcase and the A4LD tonight i decided, what the hell... im gonna drop the tcase. got the trans supported right now by the mount underneath with a jack stand. trans...
  14. A4LD issue... interesting one

Hey all im new here... i posted a new thread because i seem to not be able to find the parameters on the issue im having that anyone else is having and/or be able to even search it.... so here it goes... just picked up an 88 ranger xlt with the electronic 4x4 and the infamous A4LD trans...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad