• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

BFGoodrich A/T Tires

Jspafford

Logan Andrew Feb 17, 2012
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevy 3500HD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
6.6L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
5"
Tire Size
35"
BFG's are great tires. Everything in my driveway rolls on BFG's.They cost a little more,but then again you usually get what you pay for.and rember most of the lower price tires that look like a BFG are only 2 ply sidewalls, where a bfg is 3.

Im on my 2nd set of bfg a/t's on my superduty. first set had about 40,000 when I took them off,and still had about %25 left on them.Have about 15,000 on this set, and they look like new still.
very good tires in my opion for multi use truck...they ride nice, quiet, great grip on wet roads,do good in sand when aired down...

And for the wheel bearing, they do make a kit to get away from the sealed bearing units, cant rember who makes it, but its some bank, think was $1200.

Yeah I looked into that kit, for a mere $1800 bucks I can convert them over to 'regular' bearings, I also have to change out the outer shafts, and lose my still functional "auto" lock hubs.

No thanks.

Come to find out the bearings were fine. The shop could not pinpoint the noise and since they had the whole front axle apart changing the seals they checked everything and said it was all fine. So I am going to continue to drive it.

So far I LOVE the BFG's. When I pulled into the lot to pick it up the truck looked new. It gives it a whole new attitude. Now it is fun to drive again.

The first night home I took it down to our campsite and hooked it up to our trailer, even with close to 1,000lbs in tongue weight the sidewalls in the rear held up and looked just like the ones in the front, oh and after 3 days of rain I didn't spin a tire in 2WD.

Bring on the obsticles.:drool:

King Crush

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I wasn't too impressed the way the BFG AT's did in the mud. They just spun and they have quite a bit of thread left. Haven't had the oppertunity to try 'em in the snow, but I hear they do awesome. When it snows next I'll find out. But I know I can't expect a AT tire to do awesome in the mud like a swamper or something.

Jspafford

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevy 3500HD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
6.6L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
5"
Tire Size
35"
We get a good bit of snow here in Ohio. I am also anxious to see how they do in the snow. The off-brand tires I had on it last year did decent and I made it through upwards of 8" of snow, but I think these will do much better.

88mudder

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
love my BFG's! Great in the rain, snow, and on the trail. I dont know why ppl expect them to be great in the deep mud...come on ppl these arent MT's or Boggers.

jtfoxman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
The only drawback is the price.. Ouch, I got a set of Dueler A/T's on my ranger right before I sold it and they were awesome, but I like the looks of the BFG's
I recently went back to the Duelers after switching to the Destinations. Let me tell you the Duelers are 10 times better.
Stick with the Dueler A/T's or the BFG A/T's you won't be sorry.

AllanD

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987... sorta
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
'93 4.0
Transmission
Manual
Tires are a case in point where the saying "you get what you pay for" has special meaning.

Other tires will cost you less to buy than BFG's, but the BFG's wear like IRON.

I know of no other tire that will last as long as BFG's, provided the vehicle
you put them on doesn't have a loose front end or screwed up alignment.

You will not regret putting BFG's on your F250.

AD

Jspafford

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevy 3500HD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
6.6L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
5"
Tire Size
35"
I haven't regretted it once. Granted the truck is parked most of the time, but I have played in the mud with it more than once since they have been on there. I am anxious for snow. I love snow driving anyway, but I bet I will be impressed with the traction these put down. I think I've only put 500 miles on the new tires since they were installed. Whatever date that was, the date I first posted this thread. At this rate they will last forever!

Maverick

FoMoCo MoFo
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Other tires will cost you less to buy than BFG's, but the BFG's wear like IRON.

I know of no other tire that will last as long as BFG's, provided the vehicle
you put them on doesn't have a loose front end or screwed up alignment.
There was one, but is no longer in production, the Dunlop Mud Rover. Those tires were cheap (compared to a BFG) and wore for ever. If they still made them they would be on my truck. On the other hand, I'm absolutely pleased with the BFG A/T's on my Ranger.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
There was one, but is no longer in production, the Dunlop Mud Rover. Those tires were cheap (compared to a BFG) and wore for ever. If they still made them they would be on my truck. On the other hand, I'm absolutely pleased with the BFG A/T's on my Ranger.
Really? I thought you could still get them?

http://www.dunloptire.com/dunlop/display_tire.jsp?prodline=Radial+Mud+Rover&mrktarea=Light+Truck

It was between another set of those and Cooper STT's for the next set of tires for my Ranger, if you can't get them I guess that makes it a little easier to decide. I like my Rovers, I don't drive the truck much but I can't tell any wear, and the things just don't quit digging.

Jspafford

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevy 3500HD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
6.6L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
5"
Tire Size
35"
When I first got my B2, it has Dunlop Radial Rover tires on it. They were on it from as long as I remember. I had been riding in the B2 for years before I bought it, it was my father-in-laws. They seemed to have been on there at least 5-6 years and he drove it everyday.

Maverick

FoMoCo MoFo
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Really? I thought you could still get them?

http://www.dunloptire.com/dunlop/display_tire.jsp?prodline=Radial+Mud+Rover&mrktarea=Light+Truck

It was between another set of those and Cooper STT's for the next set of tires for my Ranger, if you can't get them I guess that makes it a little easier to decide. I like my Rovers, I don't drive the truck much but I can't tell any wear, and the things just don't quit digging.
I had a hell of a time trying to track them down and was told they were no longer available. I was told that what was available was just overstock.

Jspafford

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevy 3500HD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
6.6L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
5"
Tire Size
35"
In case anyone cares here is a pic of the truck with the rubber mounted on it.

The otherside is up on a dirt hill. The driverside rear was getting pretty light with that much flex, the helper springs don't like letting it flex that much.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals