• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Buggy spring suspension

McDerry

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
From what I can see in the pictures... (remember here, I'm visually impaired) . How would you stop the spring osolations??? you have one spring working against the other... There is nothing holding the rear of the leafs in place other than another leaf. I can sit here and look at the pictures and VIVIDLY imagine someone applying the brakes and the truck doing some funky nose stand... and the "coup de gras"... Imagine if you will, the driver of that vehicle ascending a steep grade...hits the brakes because he or she is going too fast. Odds are, that truck is gonna wanna go ass over tea kettle to the bottom of said grade all because the "suspension" unloaded. Where ever you look at that ass o nine design, it spells disaster. I think it's safe to say that I'm not the only one out here with some sense of safety. I know I have done some crazy... maybe even insane things in my short time on the face of the earth... but if I did something like that, coming from a mechanical background and working in the field, I WOULD be stripped of ANY papers I have and taken to the nearest insane asylum and left there to ROT! PEOPLE... VOICE YOUR OPINION!!! IF THIS LOOKS ABSOLUTELY DANGEROUS, PLEASE SAY SO!

All the alternatives are just as bad...

Missing links
Super long shackles
Super long leafs
Super soft and long coils

If you have enough suspension travel to endo the truck when braking with one setup you'll do the same with the next. Plain and simple.

F150hybred

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
So your telling me that you would ACTUALLY do that to a truck of yours??

McDerry

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
So your telling me that you would ACTUALLY do that to a truck of yours??
What I am telling you is that THAT is just as dangerous as the other options.

When you are pushing the envelope on wheel travel as in like 30+ inches a wheel, theres a hole fist full of different ways, none of which will be any safer.

95% of the places you'd want to go as CK implied you dont need that much wheel travel. 14" of wheel travel will get you more Places then you'd ever go.

Its that last 5%, the places that make the billy goats afraid, then it comes in handy.

THE WHITE RHINO

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
i hate that set up with a passion i think its beyond janky alot of axle wrap and unloading going up and down hills

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals