• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Calling all Audiophiles

Southern_Trendkill

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1961, 2010
Make / Model
Mercury, Mitsub
Engine Size
144 "Thriftpower", 2.4 MIVEC
Transmission
Manual
I need headphone advice.

I have a set of Altec Lansing BackBeat 206's for my earbuds, but I'm thinking about upgrading to the 326's, as I've heard better things about them. The 206's are definitely a very good headphone, and I really have no complaints about them, but I figure if the 206's are this good, then the 326's should be amazing. Has anybody here tried them that can offer some advice?

I'm also looking for a set of Noise blocking headphones with really good bass. I tried Bose, and they had a really clear sound throughout all the ranges I tried them on, but they had poor bass. It was a really good quality sound, but it had no power behind it. The only ones I've found so far that have any decent bass and still block noise and have good range and clarity are Sennheisers, but I'm sure there are more out there.

Does anybody have any recommendations?

ranger_tomm

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I like the Sennheisers lots, too.
I have used that brand for years, including doing mixdowns.

Anybody have any other suggestions?

ryan

Forum Administrator
Administrator
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
I like the Sennheisers lots, too.
I have used that brand for years, including doing mixdowns.

Anybody have any other suggestions?
I'm not sure why there would be any need...I love my sennheisers and don't think i'd use anything else at this point. I also like that they are rebuildable - I wear mine on my way to work and the rain can be tough walking to/from the train

these are the ones i use:
http://www.jr.com/sennheiser/pe/SEN_HD280/

they are usually cheaper, i was surprised to see them at $100. i like that they're not so expensive that i'm afraid to use them every day, but are still very well made

flyingbrick

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I agree with ryan, I have a set of 280 pro sennheisers, and pound for pound they can't be beat, my only complaint is I find you have to wear them far back on the ears. I know a lot of local Djs, and most of them run sennheisers so that has to mean something.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals