• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Coronavirus

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
Oh good Lord. I should listen to Murphy and Lincolns advise. Never argue with a fool, people might not know the difference. This is stupid. I am going to work on my Ranger. Isn't that what this site is about anyway?
Yes... and there’s plenty of other threads about that. No one is forced to open, read, or reply to this thread.

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16
That really is an amazing pairing of posts.

snoranger

TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
I'm always middle of the road it seems...

Even this morning on my local news... the expert says the vaccination won't prevent you from getting Covid... but it will lessen it's affects if you do contract it. Expect booster shots in the upcoming years to keep current with the variants/mutations.

Then you see India doing cremations in the streets and have minimal supplies and space for sick people. It makes the entire thing real... not that what has happened here didn't make it real for me... but tells me in the day of global travel that the variants are going to be everywhere... even overnight.

The medical professionals took a very honorable swing at it but it isn't a home run. They are relying on the numbers... the more people that get a vaccination the less of a problem it becomes. It won't cure it... just numbers.

I did see too... that the W.H.O. approved a Chinese manufactured vaccine.

The US sent 1.5 billion dollars to India in aid and it sounds like China will be sending the vaccine there too... at least I heard that too on the local news.

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
The stupid virus has had minimal affect on my life. I've never worn a face diaper. I haven't had the jab, and don't plan to. Al the vax are nothing more than an experimental drug, until maybe one day, the FDA finally approves of one. I have yet to personally know anyone that had the covid. Places here in Oklahoma were shut down for two weeks last year. But, my favorite restaurant had a "speak easy" room for regulars. A room in the back, out of sight, out of mind, where we just went on as usual. Just a little quieter so the people coming in to pick up take out didn't hear us. It was fun! Even though they were only supposed to be open from 4 til 8, no one was kicked out of the speak easy room.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Yes, vaccines are like driving, it will never be 100% accident free
If the majority follow the rules of driving, accidents will be much lower than if its "every man for himself", lol

No vaccine will ever be 100% effective in eliminating any virus, but it can reduce the numbers of those that get sick or die, by ALOT
Some illnesses are very rare now but every now and then will popup in an area, so they are not gone for good, just have limited spread

And as long as we have cars we WILL have accidents, even when there are 100% automated cars, there will still be accidents, that's just the way things work

Wearing a mask or getting a vaccine is the same as following the rules of the road, some do and some don't, some pick and chose what rules to follow, lol, like ME.
The ones that do follow the rules protect the ones that don't, for the most part, because they are predictable, but accidents will still happen
Yellow light means GO GO GO, right?

8thTon

--- Banned ---
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
My world is filled with stuff that needs to be fixed
It's fascinating watching you adjust your story, but claim others are naive for noticing the holes.
Oh, I didn't realize you were commenting based on your limited reading comprehension, but I get it now. If you cared to, you could go back and see that it was ME that took zero precautions, I did not make that claim for my daughter. My daughter took whatever precautions she was required to when at work, but those were pathetic and inadequate, and she was still massively exposed over many months while working with covid patients both on and off covid floors. She has certainly been exposed, and likely all of my family, and we're still here.

8thTon

--- Banned ---
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
My world is filled with stuff that needs to be fixed
The stupid virus has had minimal affect on my life. I've never worn a face diaper. I haven't had the jab, and don't plan to. Al the vax are nothing more than an experimental drug, until maybe one day, the FDA finally approves of one. I have yet to personally know anyone that had the covid. Places here in Oklahoma were shut down for two weeks last year. But, my favorite restaurant had a "speak easy" room for regulars. A room in the back, out of sight, out of mind, where we just went on as usual. Just a little quieter so the people coming in to pick up take out didn't hear us. It was fun! Even though they were only supposed to be open from 4 til 8, no one was kicked out of the speak easy room.
I've known quite a few, but none were very sick. I've known more that were sicker from the vaccine.

snoranger

TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
You guys want to see reality? Here is the reality of what happened to a good friend of mine:

(I edited out a lot of the personal information, which pretty much cut off half of the second post.)

I’m not saying this is what happens to everyone with Covid, but it happens to some. If putting a stupid mask on to walk into WaWa has a remote chance of stopping someone else from going through this, I’ll gladly put the stupid mask on.

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
With every freedom comes responsibility.

Free to own firearms = responsibility to not shoot anyone except in self defense.

Freedom of speech = responsibility to be courteous to others when you speak.

Freedom of religion = responsibility to respect other people's religion and not force your beliefs on others

Free to not wear a mask, not get a vaccine, not observe social distancing guidelines, wash your hands, etc. = responsibility to not spread diseases to others.

There will always be irresponsible people who don't give a crap about others. That is unfortunate.

My brother's mother-in-law died of Covid or complications brought on by Covid this morning. Was it caused by the known family members who have been visiting her and taking care of her who are irresponsible and do not take reasonable precautions? That can't be proven. But the question will always linger.

I interact with my mom, who is elderly. So I wear my mask when it is required or otherwise makes sense. I am careful about who I am around. I am careful about how often I visit mom. I got my first Covid shot the other day. It's a responsibility to make all reasonable attempts to prevent ME from being the one who gives her or anyone else Covid. None of those measures are a guarantee. But I have a responsibility to try and so do each of you.

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16
Oh, I didn't realize you were commenting based on your limited reading comprehension, but I get it now. If you cared to, you could go back and see that it was ME that took zero precautions, I did not make that claim for my daughter. My daughter took whatever precautions she was required to when at work, but those were pathetic and inadequate, and she was still massively exposed over many months while working with covid patients both on and off covid floors. She has certainly been exposed, and likely all of my family, and we're still here.
Seriously? You wrote that you were taking no precautions. And you said that your daughter wasn't either.
I'll continue to live out here without any precautions or protection, without vaccination, or a single concern about Covid. As will my wife who has worked in a grocery store through all of it, and my daughter who is a nurse who volunteered on covid floors in the largest hospital in a major city.
There's your direct quote. This isn't a reading comprehension issue. You just lied.

Don't blame your own inability to tell the truth on others.

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals