• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

ForOffRoadDriving's 94 Ranger Build

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
looks nice!!
seems like i need to aim my headlights, because sometimes people flash at me even if im driving on lows.

ForOffRoadDriving

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
My passenger side headlamp has started leaking so now im looking at replacing them with projector style headlamps and some smoked clear corners so i can run amber LED turnsignal bulbs in them. I need to do more reading and see how other members like their projectors and find out what kind of beam pattern i should expect to end up with.

03ranger30

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
Any problem installing the HID kit? Is it any different installing the hi/low kit?

ForOffRoadDriving

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
It was pretty straight forward, the kit come to find out after recieving my tracking #, was coming from china so there were no instructions. The only sketchy part was inserting the 3 pins into the supplied headlight connetor. Since there were no instructions i just had to guess until they turned on, and then switch them around until i got the hi low functions working properly. The way the high low works is the the bulb gets pulled back into the socket when the high beam is turned on and then extended into the reflector cap for low beam function. These ones have digital ballasts so mounting them out of the way was easy, i just used zip ties and the industrial grade adhesive zip tie bases to arrange the components around the head lamp area since both of my batteries need to be removed to acess the bulbs.

miller time

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000 1999
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0 duals out the back 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
im sure you've been asked before but i find it. y a 2wd you done great work to thumper but a 4wd i think would be more worth the work

ForOffRoadDriving

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
I did a 2wd because thats what i had to work with. I didnt go out of my way or save up money to buy this particular truck, it just came into my life and i used it as my mechanical art canvas.

DisturbedMXer8

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I did a 2wd because thats what i had to work with. I didnt go out of my way or save up money to buy this particular truck, it just came into my life and i used it as my mechanical art canvas.
I like it better that way, it's more personal. Nothing wrong with a 2WD, anyways =]. I wouldn't trade mine for the world.

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
Thats 3 of us then.

DisturbedMXer8

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Wow, almost 3 months with no posts. Any updates?

ForOffRoadDriving

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
im still alive and well but sadly my access to a desktop or laptop computer is very limited now. since i took a new job last september ive been working long hours and usually going right to bed shortly after getting home. i havent really done any mods to the truck since the HID update (which by the way no longer work so im running my tried and true silverstars), but i guess i should be happy because that means i accomplished all the things i wanted during the build so now i can just enjoy driving it. i do wish i had kept the cruise control though..... maybe i can disect it from the parts ranger and make it functional again on thumper - i think i may have found my next mod :)

DisturbedMXer8

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Awesome, dude. It's great to finally see something, haha. Yours is still my favorite build thread on TRS.

redneckfordf2502002

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L V6 4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
I know this thread is 2+ years old and I have no idea if the original poster still even comes on ranger station but I recently found this thread and read through it in the past day and half and I have to say this is one of the best 2wd build threads I have seen. I love everything about this truck and watching this has made me even more eager to work on our 96/92 mutt dog ranger build and maybe copy a few mods from you (as long as that is ok with you).

Your detail through out the entire build I mean painting and touching up things throughout the entire build just amazes me. I like everything from the roll bar down (minus being 2wd but I am not going to bother you about that as I have seen so many guys bothering you about it.)

I know you are probably busy with buying a house and your new born sun and your new job but I was just curious if you have any updates. Plus I wanted to show how much I like your ranger.
Trav

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals