• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

had a little to much fun

PlumCrazy

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
2014 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
I disagree. It all depends on how big the wrench is and how hard you hit stupid with it :p

Sent from the Galaxy to the interwebs
I was thinking the same thing when I read my post.lol

-PlumCrazy

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
speed + not paying attention + lack of driving skills + offroad = broken vehicle.

Hope you have money for replacement parts or a replacement vehicle pulling a stunt like that is always going to cost you money. Take your wallet full of money and credit cards and toss it in a fire because that's basically what you do when you take a vehicle and bash it like that then the next day realize your bone-headed move. Its a mess, that you caused, and will have to fork out lots of money to repair.

On the plus side, at least you weren't hurt to add more to your repair bill.

Start putting a list of those OOOOOPS parts together and start hitting your local salvage yards.

PlumCrazy

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
2014 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
+ alcohol.

Shit like this is why everyone stereotypes people with purpose built 4x4s in a bad way.

-PlumCrazy

Andy D

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
The Rat
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
My credo
to prevent Found On the Road Dead, Fix Or Repair Daily
Pretty good. You brought home the big pieces. Be glad the motor mounts held . :D

PanamaExpat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4 liter
Transmission
Manual
So on a scale of one to ten what score would we give him?

Hey kid.. don't feel so bad we were all 18 once too. I jumped my Torino over a canal bridge once and did about $400 damage to the under carriage and that was back in 1978 when I was 17. Blew out the shocks, bent up the headers and exhaust, and foobarred the control arm bushings. We all do it at least once.

scheff

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
well i have found a donar truck for 350that is only cab forward but veary clean i am going to take everything off of it and put on my frame i just have to wait a weak or to till the guy is ready ill keep you all posted with pics and stuff

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
So on a scale of one to ten what score would we give him?

Hey kid.. don't feel so bad we were all 18 once too. I jumped my Torino over a canal bridge once and did about $400 damage to the under carriage and that was back in 1978 when I was 17. Blew out the shocks, bent up the headers and exhaust, and foobarred the control arm bushings. We all do it at least once.
Not everyone does that. If you have to spend money on gas, insurance, registration, and maintenance at that age you would definitely treat your vehicles better, that is of course unless for some reason you are too rich to care.

The cool thing now is, you get to rebuild your truck and get up close and personal with it LOL.

Jraymer360

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i did the same thing with my truck ( well the body mounts were toast and i ruined them completely. ) now i'm driving a dodge neon again -__-. was driving my dads ram 2500 ( it has no reverse) and i kinda scraped a mustang, 1100 dollars in damage ( just repairing a fender, bumper cover, and paint.....) no insurance on my dads truck, fun stuff for me. hopefully i don't have to sell the ranger to pay for it.

i've been driving for 2 years almost getting into accidents about 10 times because of other peoples stupidity and the one time i decide to not pay attention to how wide of a turn i make pulling out of the parking spot i get owned. thanks life !

LIMA BEAN

TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
i did the same thing with my truck ( well the body mounts were toast and i ruined them completely. ) now i'm driving a dodge neon again -__-. was driving my dads ram 2500 ( it has no reverse) and i kinda scraped a mustang, 1100 dollars in damage ( just repairing a fender, bumper cover, and paint.....) no insurance on my dads truck, fun stuff for me. hopefully i don't have to sell the ranger to pay for it.

i've been driving for 2 years almost getting into accidents about 10 times because of other peoples stupidity and the one time i decide to not pay attention to how wide of a turn i make pulling out of the parking spot i get owned. thanks life !
I decided to NOT PAY ATTENTION one time, now I have an awsome son.:icon_thumby:

PanamaExpat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4 liter
Transmission
Manual
Not everyone does that. If you have to spend money on gas, insurance, registration, and maintenance at that age you would definitely treat your vehicles better, that is of course unless for some reason you are too rich to care.
I was paying all of those things. Still didn't stop me from occasionally being an idiot. Drinking beer with my buddies and then outrunning the local cops cause we were under age. At least I got rid of the crappy Cyclone headers I had and then put on a new set of BlackJack AK5000s. All the repairs came straight out of my working at McDonalds pockets. Remember back then minimum wage wasn't $7.25 per hour either. Fortunately I still lived at home.

robertc1024

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
nada
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I'm kinda with WildBill on this one. I bought my first car and although my parents paid the insurance (God love them) I attended to all things mechanical. Definitely made me more respectful about how I treated it. I would like to see the video of the Torino jump though!

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
I was paying all of those things. Still didn't stop me from occasionally being an idiot. Drinking beer with my buddies and then outrunning the local cops cause we were under age. At least I got rid of the crappy Cyclone headers I had and then put on a new set of BlackJack AK5000s. All the repairs came straight out of my working at McDonalds pockets. Remember back then minimum wage wasn't $7.25 per hour either. Fortunately I still lived at home.
I worked at McDonalds back at $6.25/hour minimum wage and had to drive 30 miles to work everyday. I was driving a very offroad capable truck at the time (1989 Mazda B2600i 4x4) but when its your only vehicle to get to work, and don't have the money to work on it to begin with, you would tend to take care of your stuff better than someone who isn't paying for anything.

Drinking leads to a lot of stupidity, which is one reason I don't drink, the other being I can't afford it. I see enough stupid people out there that drink and do really dumb things I get more laughs at them being sober watching their stupidity its a lot better than watching television. Its real life reality TV with front row seats.

Maybe this is why all of the vehicles I've owned over the years have really high mileage and very little maintenance problems other than normal oil/filter changes, because I don't beat the crap out of my vehicles.

I find it funny the people I talk to that go out every weekend offroading, then they're back in town and come monday morning they're at the auto parts store because they broke this that and the other, then they're whining and crying because they're vehicles are always screwed up, and that they are always having money issues.

I don't have any sympathy for people like that, go out and purposely destroy their vehicle then want others to feel bad for them. Sorry not gonna happen. I'd feel more sorry for the vehicle than the person who wrecked it being bone headed.

Jraymer360

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I decided to NOT PAY ATTENTION one time, now I have an awsome son.:icon_thumby:
doubt anything good is going to come out of me paying 1100 to a lady who won't go to anywhere else but the ford dealer to fix her ugly blue-gray mustang. plus my xbox broke last night! bad week for me :icon_twisted:

PanamaExpat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4 liter
Transmission
Manual
I worked at McDonalds back at $6.25/hour minimum wage and had to drive 30 miles to work everyday. I was driving a very offroad capable truck at the time (1989 Mazda B2600i 4x4) but when its your only vehicle to get to work, and don't have the money to work on it to begin with, you would tend to take care of your stuff better than someone who isn't paying for anything.

Drinking leads to a lot of stupidity, which is one reason I don't drink, the other being I can't afford it. I see enough stupid people out there that drink and do really dumb things I get more laughs at them being sober watching their stupidity its a lot better than watching television. Its real life reality TV with front row seats.

Maybe this is why all of the vehicles I've owned over the years have really high mileage and very little maintenance problems other than normal oil/filter changes, because I don't beat the crap out of my vehicles.

I find it funny the people I talk to that go out every weekend offroading, then they're back in town and come monday morning they're at the auto parts store because they broke this that and the other, then they're whining and crying because they're vehicles are always screwed up, and that they are always having money issues.

I don't have any sympathy for people like that, go out and purposely destroy their vehicle then want others to feel bad for them. Sorry not gonna happen. I'd feel more sorry for the vehicle than the person who wrecked it being bone headed.

Gee whiz wildbill... Sorry you never had any youthful indiscretions. I all my soon to be 52 years on this planet I could never be as perfect as you. Glad I at least had some fun while I was at it and can look back at the stupid things I did when I was a kid as fond memories that taught me many lessons in life.

Who knows... With any luck I may still pull off a few bone headed things. As for the money issue... Money is like Doritos... We'll make more. And no I ain't rich. I just don't get hung up over it.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
Gee whiz wildbill... Sorry you never had any youthful indiscretions. I all my soon to be 52 years on this planet I could never be as perfect as you. Glad I at least had some fun while I was at it and can look back at the stupid things I did when I was a kid as fond memories that taught me many lessons in life.

Who knows... With any luck I may still pull off a few bone headed things. As for the money issue... Money is like Doritos... We'll make more. And no I ain't rich. I just don't get hung up over it.
I had fun I just never felt the urge to destroy my vehicles and property that I worked my ass off for.

When you are making $800 a month or less you learn to take care of what you have.

There's one thing about having fun and its totally different when you are purposely trying to destroy your property that's not having fun that's just plain being stupid.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals